CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

WB screwed up by putting it on the same weekend as F6. First Paramount with STID and now WB with TH3 royally fucked up. No reason May should have been this crowded. 

I think this had a lot more to do with people not caring about another sequel than competition.  Hangover 2 atleast had the tremendous goodwill from the first one to offset the shitty reviews and WOM a bit.  This one had nothing going for it.

WB screwed up by putting it on the same weekend as F6. First Paramount with STID and now WB with TH3 royally fucked up. No reason May should have been this crowded.

I think STID's release date is fine.

No it sort of backfired..

ST09 had a 2nd weekend to itself sort of.

This time younger audiences decided to skip ST2 for Ho3 and Fast Six. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

No it sort of backfired..ST09 had a 2nd weekend to itself sort of.This time younger audiences decided to skip ST2 for Ho3 and Fast Six.

Yeah, because THE HANGOVER lll is definitely doing well, right?

Nah, release date was a big problem. First IM3 and then TGG breaking out no room for breakout from STID with F&F6 coming up. It could have passed originals gross with a better release date. Now it's best case scenario is 220M. 

I think this had a lot more to do with people not caring about another sequel than competition.  Hangover 2 atleast had the tremendous goodwill from the first one to offset the shitty reviews and WOM a bit.  This one had nothing going for it.

No doubt but crowded May isn't helping either. 

Yeah, because THE HANGOVER lll is definitely doing well, right?

Why are you such a pain in my ass... 

HO3 and Fast Six will do over 160+ combined this weekend...

Understand now? 

Nah, release date was a big problem. First IM3 and then TGG breaking out no room for breakout from STID with F&F6 coming up. It could have passed originals gross with a better release date. Now it's best case scenario is 220M.

In retrospect, STAR TREK survived bigger competition back in 2009.

Why are you such a pain in my ass... HO3 and Fast Six will do over 160+ combined this weekend...Understand now?

Excuse me. You told me teens skipped STID for THE HANGOVER lll which is not doing well at all. It's not about the OWs. If THE HANGOVER lll finishes less than 150 M, will you still tell me the teens skipped STID for it?