#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

More families keep pouring in!! Im talking about moms and dads, their teenagers AND little kids! Guys this is ridiculous, theres A ROW of 7 year olds behind me, 4 year olds in front, literally all demos and major races are repped in this room. If F6 isnt called 4-quad, i call bullshit. Teens, adults, parents, blacks, whites, hispanics, even seniors. This is great.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 3

It would be sweet irony and karma if that happened. Too bad KFP2 deserved the success way more than Epic though. :unsure:

Once upon a time on the forums on Box Office (mojo) there was a little panda who loved kung fu. All was well in the peaceful (kind of) land until a pack of wolves threatened the harmony.

Po: "These dastardly wolves dare attack BoM? I ,and my awesomeness, will defeat them! Ska2oosh!"

The battle lasted for days (creative license) but when the smoke cleared the drunk antics of the wolves prevailed. A death blow to the sanctity of box office. BoM, especially Fake and I, let out a collective, deafening moan.

"Noooooooooooooo!"

But the story doesn't end there. The panda would rise from the ashes and struck again. 2 years later the wolves returned and the Panda was ready. He, and the Furious 6, destroyed the wolves, and the world was right again.

The end.

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 3

LA Times is using the B-word for THO3.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-mn-hangover-box-office-20130524,0,3798647.story

'Hangover Part III' bombing at the box office

The “Hangover” franchise  is no longer a laughing matter.

The third -- and promised final -- installment in the booze-fueled exploits of the so-called Wolf Pack is bombing at the Memorial Day weekend box office, where it is being run over not only by “Fast & Furious 6” but also by the 3-D animated family film “Epic.”

When “The Hangover Part III” debuted late Wednesday, industry prognosticators were estimating that the sequel would gross about $80 million in its first five full days of release -- a steep drop from the $135 million the second movie made between Thursday and Monday in 2011, but a decent enough opening in absolute terms.

PHOTOS: Billion-dollar movie club

But early returns Friday suggested that the Warner Bros. “Hangover” film, which cost $103 million and was trashed by critics, could gross as little as $48 million in its five-day debut. The best-case estimates only have “The Hangover Part III” grossing about $55 million, well below the $80-million projection.

The new “Fast” film, on the other hand, is racing away from the competition. Industry estimates before the Universal movie debuted late Thursday showed that “Fast & Furious 6” could gross as much as $100 million in its first four full days in theaters. The $160-million sequel should hit that mark, early returns showed.

Actually, those numbers still make it a laughing matter.

• Like 1

Theres like 2 FOUR YEAR OLD GIRLS sitting in front of me here in Fast Six with their mom, and another mom with her two teenage daughters. I saw a father and son earlier and a family of 5 going. I knew this would play with families! Theres also a lot of hispanic, but I see most all races being repped here.

I told you. We women Love FF. Especially  the cougars

Posted Image

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

Theres like 2 FOUR YEAR OLD GIRLS sitting in front of me here in Fast Six with their mom, and another mom with her two teenage daughters

US Rating System seriously needs some work done.

You can't watch a comedy you see Meryl Streep smoking mariuhana before you're 17, but you can take your 4 year old to watch Fast & Furious 6.

Crazy world...

• Like 1

US Rating System seriously needs some work done.You can't watch a comedy you see Meryl Streep smoking mariuhana before you're 17, but you can take your 4 year old to watch Fast & Furious 6. Crazy world...

I agree the ratings need work, but it is the parents' choice

More families keep pouring in!! Im talking about moms and dads, their teenagers AND little kids! Guys this is ridiculous, theres A ROW of 7 year olds behind me, 4 year olds in front, literally all demos and major races are repped in this room. If F6 isnt called 4-quad, i call bullshit. Teens, adults, parents, blacks, whites, hispanics, even seniors. This is great.

4-quad is a movie with man and woman under 25 and man and woman over 25. Kids have nothing to do with 4-quad. And of course Fast 6 is 4-quad. Fast Five was also a 4-quad movie.

103m budget for Hang 3 ?

This is so wrong.

They, the director, the wolf pack, the asian guy were right to ask the money up front !

The asian guy got 5 million for this, producers are loony.

Bradley, escape from this nightmare and go see Steven after Cannes if you want to keep your hard earned acting street cred intact !

Run, Bradley, ruuuuun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for Gatsby, Warner is having a horrible year so far !

MOS and Pacific better deliver for them.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

I agree the ratings need work, but it is the parents' choice

Yes, here's the problem. I'm not convinced you are ready to raise children, if you think it's a good Idea to take your 4 year old to the cinema watching Fast & Furious.

So someone should step in here and make the decision for those parents.

Theater owners should just say no, if there's no better rating system that protects children.