#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

From a recent interview:

“I hope when people see my name on a movie it means they are not going to get what they think they are getting,” he says. “I offer originality.”

Yeah, most people who saw any of your movies in the last ten years probably thought they were getting a good one. So I think you did the trick.

• Like 3

From a recent interview:

Yeah, most people who saw any of your movies in the last ten years probably thought they were getting a good one. So I think you did the trick.

The real twist is that M. Night is not the creative genius he made himself out to be. We were all fooled.

• Like 1

Why didn't you kill him when THE LAST AIRBENDER was released?

That did 320M WW. 

This one is a Will Smith sci-fi blockbuster that will open with 20M in America and probably end with less than 200M WW.

Edited by CJohn

Will Smith (story) imdb

Whitta was the main writer.The original screenplay was written by Gary Whitta based on an idea by Will Smith. In pre-production, director M. Night Shyamalan did a few drafts of the screenplay to familiarize himself with the material, before passing it over to Stephen Gaghan, who stayed on as the chief screenwriter during production. Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty, also worked on the script.The original idea for the film was about a father and son on a camping trip. The son would've had to make his way through the forest to find help for the father after the car they were traveling in careened off the road. Realizing that the idea had greater potential, producer Will Smith and screenwriter Gary Whitta decided to adapt the basic survival concept into a much larger science-fiction project.Also from IMDB Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1