#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

You mean Junior Highschool?

I was in 10th grade when sign came out

Nope ... I was 20 years old. :)

Like I've said, I've been following box office online for 8+ years.  I'm not a youngster anymore.

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1

At least with The Village, some of its scenes and scares were executed well enough...and even though the ending may be unsatisfying, you can at least feel that there was at least coherent thought put into the film.The Happening...holy crap, it was terrible. The grandma smashing her head through the window? WHAT?!

There was one scene in The Happening that I thought was well done. The scene where the jeep crashed into the tree. It was a oner if I remember correctly..? Something about it that I liked, but I can't remember exactly what...

The first 20 minutes of The Happening are actually pretty good, like a Fourth Dimension episode, but as the movie progresses, it sinks into  the abyss of stupidity and mediocrity.

Well the Smith hate is here that feels like Kal's type of posts (he hated him)

Tons of actors that are loved get hated really quick. Look at Mr. Bloom. Mr. Pitt was disliked in the early 2000's, same with Mr. DiCaprio. Mr. Tantum is probably next on this list...

(Markie Mark was disliked)

Well the Smith hate is here that feels like Kal's type of posts (he hated him)Tons of actors that are loved get hated really quick. Look at Mr. Bloom. Mr. Pitt was disliked in the early 2000's, same with Mr. DiCaprio. Mr. Tantum is probably next on this list...(Markie Mark was disliked)

He isn't getting hate really quick. He's been on top of the world for a long time now. I'd say its the opposite, DiCaprio and Tatum especially were not well liked early in their careers(some of that I think had to do with being heartthrobs) turned it around. DiCaprio is actually pursuing challenging and interesting roles and seeking out great directors. Tatum is charming and charismatic as a motherfucker now. Smith started off charismatic and charming and is now just obsessing over his sons career. I think that is turning a lot of people, me included, off.
  • Like 5

I know that about DiCaprio. I disliked him :P

I am just saying that people get disliked after being loved.

Now then there is Mr. Cruise that I wont even get into.

Can't believe the fall of shyamalan..he was one of the hottest directors after Unbreakable,sixth sense and signs. But things have gone terribly wrong for him since LITW. However the real bad movie he made was only TLA. Critics by default have started to hate his movies and have been harsh on them. May be its the genre/style of shyamalan they don't like anymore.

• Like 2

He isn't getting hate really quick. He's been on top of the world for a long time now. I'd say its the opposite, DiCaprio and Tatum especially were not well liked early in their careers(some of that I think had to do with being heartthrobs) turned it around. DiCaprio is actually pursuing challenging and interesting roles and seeking out great directors. Tatum is charming and charismatic as a motherfucker now. Smith started off charismatic and charming and is now just obsessing over his sons career. I think that is turning a lot of people, me included, off.

Well, he's still acting like he himself is on top.

how badly will After Earth damage Will Smith's career. Is his drawing power now come to an end as people may be more hesitant to trust him now

I don't think AE's poor showing thus far is as much a reflection of Will's star power as it is a rejection of Jaden in this particular role. The GA has a track record of being very finicky about how kids are portrayed in TV and movies and I just don't think they're ready to embrace an adolescent action hero; and I doubt they ever will be.