#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

Was coming up with what it could do for this weekend-I had a 25% drop for Saturday but that would still give it a 31.5M OW. Which it will likely not make.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/low-budget-purge-earns-3-4-million-thursday-night-1200494014/

UPDATE: Universal’s low-budget horror film, “The Purge,” is invading theaters at an alarming rate. The $3 million-produced feature from Jason Blum’s Blumhouse Productions is on track for $14 million Friday and a controlling $30 million weekend, according to early estimates. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn’s “The Internship,” meanwhile, is No. 2 with a tepid $19 million weekend.

edit: oops, saw Shawn already posted a link to this

Edited by Punishment

19M-better then some were saying...heck even Fox was not expecting that :P

Just wish we could have a new PG-13 comedy do well that is good. (Well Anchorman 2 should do that)

I initially borked at idea of Purge doing 16, thinking atm 14-16, it should be very strong going into evening way about anything else Intern go with 6-8 atm, take a look couple hrs see how looks +/- , NTSM seems to be holding well

• Like 10

I initially borked at idea of Purge doing 16, thinking atm 14-16, it should be very strong going into evening way about anything else Intern go with 6-8 atm, take a look couple hrs see how looks +/- , NTSM seems to be holding well

Holdovers please my Lord.

Good to know.  Just got back from the Purge.  I wanted to like it, I really did.  Still glad to see it putting up such big numbers and living up the amount of buzz it had going into today.