Halba

highest RT film of the summer

HIGHEST RT OF THE SUMMER  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What will make highest RT of this summer? (incl %, ave score)

• Star Trek II(currently 87%)
    • Elysium
    • Monsters Uni
    • Despicable Me 2
    • The World's End

What will be the highest RT film of the summer. So far its Star trek into darkness at 87%. Has to be a wide release only..

Gonna be a good contest with the above! i have left out man of steel, iron man 3 as they are too low to be considered.

Edited by Halba

• Founder / Operator

Looks like STID has a great shot at this, but I think DM2, Elysium, and maybe even Pacific Rim have shots to top it.

MU could be a dark horse still, but I'm not confident it'll finish over the 82-85% range.

I think Star Trek Into Darkness will ultimately take it, though both Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University have a great shot at it. It seems like animated films are often reviewed well, especially Pixar. Still, the first Despicable Me movie earned only an 81%, so I have a hard time believing a sequel would do much better. Monsters, Inc on the other hand had a 96%, so Monsters University could certainly end up around that level as well.

Looks like STID has a great shot at this, but I think DM2, Elysium, and maybe even Pacific Rim have shots to top it.

MU could be a dark horse still, but I'm not confident it'll finish over the 82-85% range.

did not include pacific rim. it looks like it will end up rotten like transformers.

i agree 87% will be hard to top STiD, but my vote went to elysium.

Edited by Halba

STID has a great shot to keep it, but I think Elysium will end up being the best reviewed, slightly, with something like 89%. DM2 and MU will both finish in the low 80s. I'm keeping an eye out for Wolverine, for some bizarre reason- though it won't finish the highest and the trailers aren't great, I have an odd feeling that the movie will be alot higher quality than expected.

TTT

;)

Wow. DH2/TTT have the exact same % with both the top critics and all of them. But...8/10 average rating with the top critics for TTT, and 8.8 for DH2. 

;)

Edited by Noctis