#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

It'll be around 18-20% including midnights and probably over 30% including sneaks.

$50 (12 + 9 + 29) + $35 + $30 = $115m ow...would be awesome and sounds good to me. Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

What really made Kal so special for me was the ranges that he posted (one of the funnest things to mock on BOM), and his "exuberant" life outside the board, which included driving a Lexus and having a connect to a movie box office expert codenamed "Dean." God, I miss that guy. BOM wasn't quite as fun without him.

Speaking of biased data, you realise that MOS Thursday tickets were "sold" differently than every other movie ever, right? Right? Isn't that why WB themselves chose to report the numbers separately?

If ever there was a number that needed to be separated, this is it.

If I go to a movie on a Friday night that sells out a 200 seat theater and on that same night a corporation rents out a 200 seat theater for their employees and only 10 people show up, that movie made the same amount from each of its two theaters.  Who cares HOW the money is made, the fact is it's made.  We could pick apart those revenue streams all we want but at its core that's not what box office data measures.  It measures dollar in take.

Could it be a bit of a game changer, sure.  But bottom line is the same dollars are made.  

Box Office Report: Friday Returns Show 'Man of Steel' Soaring to $125 Million-Plus Debut

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-friday-returns-569256

Can Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' much-anticipated Man of Steel cross $125 million in its North American debut, the second-best opening of summer 2013 to date?

Man of Steel should earn $45 million to $46 million on Friday, including the $9 million in midnight earnings (the $12 million will be folded into the weekend gross).

Earlier this summer, Iron Man 3 debuted to $174.1 million, benefiting from being the threequel in an incredibly proper brand.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 1

Who knows?? This whole thing is gonna be confusing as hell by Sunday night..

To me there is nothing confusing.  MOS has made 21 million so far.  If WB has chosen to separate the 12 mill from the rest of the early money, that is their prerogative, but the way I see it this film has made 21 mill from early shows.  It's not doing anything different that every other film post TDKR shooting.  I'm not sure why there is such a fuss over this now.  Don't hate the player hate the game.  Tickets sold is money in WB's bank account.  

• Like 5

Kal was a super troll-but at least for me to the point it got annoying-kind of like ijack.  He'd always be saying the same thing-but I guess he was just fun to laugh at because he really believed and defended his completely BS predictions.  BKB and him would have some zod-superman type battles on here

• Like 1

Box Office Report: Friday Returns Show 'Man of Steel' Soaring to $125 Million-Plus Debut

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-friday-returns-569256

Some handy specifics from that article:

Man of Steel should earn $45 million to $46 million on Friday, including the $9 million in midnight earnings (the $12 million will be folded into the weekend gross).
  • Like 1