Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Oh okay.. I might be mixing him or her up then Baumer. Was there someone with a name like Noctis who was alway calling Avatar fern gully and a super Potter looney though lol... I apologize if Im mixing Noctis up.. This year Im definitely not entertaining Noctis. I do rem them loving  to try and get flame wars going lol. Even if Im not right about them hating on Avatar lol.

Baumer I hope you go up with you MOS predict for weekend 2

I'll go with  MOS 57M OW,, 90.1 for MU, and yikes I went with 37MOW for Z..Baum you kicked my tail with that one.. Really ballzy you sensed this was no passable Zombie film.  I will predict 53M OW for Z this time..lol

Z still needs alot of money to be successful.  I think its one of the most expensive films this year.. Starting off with 55-60+MOW is definitely a step in the right direction for this Brad Pitt Starrer tho B. :)

Yea, there might have been someone you are confusing Noctis with.  I do remember a lot of people ripping on Avatar, but Noctis wasn't one of them.

I think WWZ was made with a WW gross in mind.  It could do 150-200 here but I think it could hit 600 WW.

I just can't see MIS earning that much on Friday. This always happens with 2nd weekend blockbusters, they get our hopes up then the Friday number drops.Great for WWZ, watched it tonight and it it deserves to be a hit.

• Like 1

No you do not.. Baumer and myself along with Kayom, Jesus of Surbubia and Bball and Redfire. Take part and have many victories usually more than our losses.. Keep talking that nonsense that my victories are spaced out looney one.. My battles won spanned through many a spring through xmas seasons.. Hah hah... A true hater thou are Rich.. And we will see if you stand or just sputter nonsense without a solid number..lol. Glad I finally see a number for you on MOS lol

LOL I thought this post was a parody of Kal by baumer or someone, but then I realized it was actually Kal.  I guess we've gotten too good at our Kal impersonations in his absence.

• Like 1

What's wrong with some people? Why their brains are always on vacation. 50m was locked for MoS months ago look lol There's one thing to be wrong and it's another to be blind. The figures indicate a 60m weekend, 55m at worst.

Man I hope we are right on our highend for things.. Good seeing you here too my Batman infused brother. :) Though you and others never lost touch thanks to FB. :).... I would love 60-65M myself... I think worse case is 53-55M also

No you do not.. Baumer and myself along with Kayom, Jesus of Surbubia and Bball and Redfire. Take part and have many victories usually more than our losses.. Keep talking that nonsense that my victories are spaced out looney one.. My battles won spanned through many a spring through xmas seasons.. Hah hah... A true hater thou are Rich.. And we will see if you stand or just sputter nonsense without a solid number..lol. Glad I finally see a number for you on MOS lol

You blind? My MOS number has been around for the past 3 hours. Go look.

[*]5:26pm I said 49.4/49.5 and said that the number would come +- 500K from 50 million. I also said 13.9 for today. 

[*]7:48pm I said 56-57% drop.

And the victories you claimed? 

[*]Transformers 2007

[*]ID4 2008

[*]ST 2009

[*]Avatar 2009

[*]Pirates 3 2007

[*]FF6 2013

There's one or two each year. Anyone can do that. I could throw darts at a board to determine where I think each film would end up and get about that many big films a year right. 

And no. I'm not hating on MOS. If you bothered to look, I actually gave it a 7.5/10 which is midway between Good to Great on my scale. I apply logic, statistical modelling, historical trends, and current numbers when I make predictions, and then mix in a little bit of gut based adjustment. I do not let my personal feelings take over my predicting. For example, I loathe SLP not only because it is a glorified rom-com with a tacked on fake and cheesy hollywood ending, but also because the Lawrence stole the most deserving Oscar performance of a lifetime (since Isabelle Huppert in La Pianiste and before that Probably Isabelle Adjani and Meryl Streep in the 80s). It made the Academy give a 20 odd year old girl who has a lifetime ahead of her a statue while passing over an octogenarian who out-acted lawrence in a much more challenging role and in her only chance to get the Oscar. After missing the mark the second week it went wide, I was closest in BOA predicting its drop the next week even though I hate the movie's guts. I applied simple logic, statistical reasoning, and sound math skills and derive my numbers. 

• Like 2

Yea, there might have been someone you are confusing Noctis with.  I do remember a lot of people ripping on Avatar, but Noctis wasn't one of them.

I think WWZ was made with a WW gross in mind.  It could do 150-200 here but I think it could hit 600 WW.

I'd be happy with a LoP 1/2 a billion finish. Making a profit on that film is amazing. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

Shoot after your balsy OW predict happening..and reviews are very good for the genre. I will have to start rooting for this to be profitable even without  a sequel... And yes indeed 150-220+ and 350-450M OS is very doable.

Brad pit may just have his first War of the World level BO franchise. :)...  I think studios want at least 550-600+m WW to be happy Baum. :).. Lord still strange to see a zombie film with producting and advertising total costs  of 250-300. You know some investors are like WTF!! (They spent how much on this!! LOL)