Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I would have laughed at you. That's a great call.

I even had a theory I now wish I'd posted at the time. TWD season finale + encore was about 15 million viewers. So assume about half go OW, times by around $9 per ticket (mostly adults and evening sessions) and you get a number in the mid 60's.

Always remember, MoS is the beginning.It will only get bigger the next time around.280+ DOM700M WWGreat Start. In fact, the best start to any comicbook movie series WW.

Uh SM1 did $800m+

Always remember, MoS is the beginning.It will only get bigger the next time around.280+ DOM700M WWGreat Start. In fact, the best start to any comicbook movie series WW.

Very good way to look at it :). MoS was just the beginning.

The later a Pixar film opens in the summer, the less chance it has to increase on its first Saturday.  TS3 and Brave both had decreases on Sat while Up went up.

Yeah, but its still a good career move since she's now doing smaller scale movies. First the upcoming cult classic Perks and then a Sofia Coppola picture. 

Yeah, definitely. Her reputation is only growing as an actress (she's getting near unanimous praise as Nikki).

• Like 1

But it's not being killed by 1 behemoth last week and 2 monster openings this week. Its still competing for movie goers money. it may not have the same target audience but there will be audience overlap. In this case competition isn't much of a factor. It's a good move with apparently very good WOM.

the thing is nysm doesnt have a target audience :D

its for everyone except very small children

so its easier for my bb than for movies with actual target audience :)

Edited by Leyla

The later a Pixar film opens in the summer, the less chance it has to increase on its first Saturday.  TS3 and Brave both had decreases on Sat while Up went up.

Yeah. I think it only drops 6-8% though.

• Like 1

Says your opinion.WOM is good according to all media sites online.There's just 2 huge openers this weekend with the same audience. Simple.

THIS. People focus way to much on drops. Movies now drop harder than movies 10 years ago. SM didnt get its first drop in the 50%'s until its 11th week, so does that mean movies from 2003 all got better WOM than 2013? No. Youre right, you have to take FB, Twitter, RT, IMDB, Yahoo, everything into account. Drops are misleading and I wish people wouldnt whine so much over them, MOS's WOM according to the online GA, is still good. Edited by LeFlop James
  • Like 1

you sure about that?

Yes. It looks to hit 450M OS and at least 250M DOM. It should hit 700 WW. Btw, it's also competing against WWZ and MU internationally. It's getting hit hard in some countries.