#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Saw Despicable Me 2 via press screening here earlier and well it's very heavy with the minions antics. I think it will be big worldwide. As for DOM, I think it will have huge opening but not that impressive legs because the story is not compelling at all. But I feel like the minions is just like Ice Age's Scrat Anyway, pleased with MU and The Heat's estimates. Hope they hold up

The GA honestly probably wont care that much. I was texting a friend about it last night and all she talked about was the Minions, not even Agnes. Minion antics is what people, especially kids want.
  • Like 1

Olympus Has Fallen Opening Day: $10 Million

White House Down Opening Day: $9 Million 

White House Down IS A BOMB

Ok  ^_^

But really: with so much gun violence in the news, people are staying away from this

Edited by zackzack

50% drop would be amazing. 300 still in play with a 4th of July boost?

I'm sorry... a 50% drop would be 'amazing'? After a 64% drop last weekend? Didn't this movie have an A- Cinemascore? Why are its legs so bad? Its only competition this weekend disappointed.

The GA honestly probably wont care that much. I was texting a friend about it last night and all she talked about was the Minions, not even Agnes. Minion antics is what people, especially kids want.

Yeah I know because here in the Philippines, Filipinos LOVED the minions! McDo's Happy Meal features them and they are sold out everyday! And  adults (especially women) posts pictures of the minions toys they have on social networks! It has a very wide appeal.

• Like 1

Yeah I know because here in the Philippines, Filipinos LOVED the minions! McDo's Happy Meal features them and they are sold out everyday! And  adults (especially women) posts pictures of the minions toys they have on social networks! It has a very wide appeal.

But aren't the Minions...

Ok  ^_^

But really: with so much gun violence in the news, people are staying away from this

Checking on twitter for WHD, it seems like there is a lot of sentiment that it is a liberal fantasy, this may be badly hurting it at the box office. Here is a review from Fandango which has been voted a "most helpful" review:

What a load of left wing crap

[*]

The the President is really OBAMA and these terrorist are Right wing Fanatics, etc. What a complete load of crap this movie turned out bring.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I'm sorry... a 50% drop would be 'amazing'? After a 64% drop last weekend? Didn't this movie have an A- Cinemascore? Why are its legs so bad? Its only competition this weekend disappointed.

I have to admit, this weekend's drop isn't the greatest sign for MoS. I do still argue that it faced over $60 million-worth of new competition on top of the strong holds by WWZ and Monsters, though. Next weekend will really tell the tale. If any movie is going to get a boost on 4th of July weekend, Man of Steel is a big contender there. But again... competition looms.

• Like 1

A 50% weekend drop is impressive, given the competition it has had to face the last 2 weeks. And its legs are decent, enough for it to make a good profit. Nobody was expecting Avatar legs here.

This is the second weekend in a row its drops will be worse than TDKR's. Fathers Day obviously helped a lot but it's clearly getting lost in the shuffle. WB is definitely giving Superman 2 the prime July slot in 2015.

• Like 1

Checking on twitter for WHD, it seems like there is a lot of sentiment that it is a liberal fantasy, this may be badly hurting it at the box office. Here is a review from Fandango which has been voted a "most helpful" review:

I could see how this would hurt a movie like this. I'd imagine a lot of the potential audience for a flick like this is middle America, who leans right. You're not going to pull them in if its playing sides like that.
  • Like 1

Of course it will be worse than TDKR's, because the general audience seemed to like TDKR more than Man of Steel. I think the story has unfolded, the legs aren't good because it was frontloaded in the first place and the movie wasn't that well received. While I don't think the general audience disliked the movie, I don't think it has incited enough positive discussion to reach out to a broader audience.

I don't think there's some game changer waiting to happen, it may get to 300 million, but all in all, WB has some work to do, even though this movie is doing well.

Edited by #MrPink of Steel

Of course it will be worse than TDKR's, because the general audience seemed to like TDKR more than Man of Steel. I think the story has unfolded, the legs aren't good because it was frontloaded in the first place and the movie wasn't that well received. While I don't think the general audience disliked the movie, I don't think it has incited enough positive discussion to reach out to a broader audience.

to be fair. TDKR had no competition for the first two weeks. First week it went up against The Watch and second week the Total Recall remake

It would actually be kinda funny though if RIPD broke out since all of us expect it to bomb. :lol:

I'm very surprised, but my friends want to see it. It's probably just an anomaly, but they also really wanted to see or went and saw Iron Man 3, Star Trek, Fast and Furious 6, Now You See Me, The Purge, Man of Steel and World War Z. Not too shabby of a group of films to be with. They also are super excited for Despicable Me 2. We shall see if the trend continues. They seem to have similar tastes to the GA when it comes to movies.

This is the second weekend in a row its drops will be worse than TDKR's. Fathers Day obviously helped a lot but it's clearly getting lost in the shuffle. WB is definitely giving Superman 2 the prime July slot in 2015.

July 17 is waiting WB. Just put MoS2 there.