#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

I never really got why the Pirates films were so hugely popular. All of them, even the first one, were way too long and clumsily plotted. Yes, Depp was very good (at least until his Sparrow shtick became tired) but he's given far better performances in other films before and after Pirates. It kinda pissed me off that all these people jumped on the Depp bandwagon after COTBP, ignoring the fact that he'd been doing awesome work consistently for almost fifteen years before that.

• Like 4

I never really got why the Pirates films were so hugely popular. All of them, even the first one, were way too long and clumsily plotted. Yes, Depp was very good (at least until his Sparrow shtick became tired) but he's given far better performances in other films before and after Pirates. It kinda pissed me off that all these people jumped on the Depp bandwagon after COTBP, ignoring the fact that he'd been doing awesome work consistently for almost fifteen years before that.

It was just exciting and fun to watch.  Something a little fresh.  I did hear some people say it was a bit too long, but it was so fun and interesting to watch that I didn't really care.

The third one wasn't really fun like the first two, so that's why I didn't like it.  And 4 was such a sleeper. 

• Like 1

Hey look

What are you going to see?

White House Down.

When are you going to see it?

The Day After Tomorrow.

What day is that?

Independence Day.

:P

Going to see a movie about the president kicking ass on the 4th of July? Wow you really are

The Patriot

• Like 2

Boy, what a night at work.. Long night and very busy.. I'm ready for sleep.. :sleep: Anything going on in the world of weekend box office?? Any meltdowns, drama??? Or is this being saved now for PACIFIC RIM???

The only meltdowns I saw were in the PR thread itself. Rimmers vs. The Forum was probably more exciting than any of the Jaeger vs Kaiju fights will be.  :lol:

• Like 1