AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Someone really didn't like Pixels. Meltdown in aisle 12.  :lol:

Bob Chipman @the_moviebob 13h13 hours ago

So. #PIXELS made my soul cry. I hate all things now. Nothing will ever be good again.

Everyone apologize to Ernie Cline for the "ARMADA is everything wrong with gamer culture" takedown - should saved that bullet for #PIXELS

There's a female character in #PIXELS who is a LITERAL trophy. That's the purpose of her character.

After #PIXELS I want to burn every scrap of gamer nostalgia I own. But I wouldn't have any shirts then.

Fuck. #PIXELS is cultural-vandalism. I want to club this movie to death with a wiffleball bat.

At least 4 major Nintendo characters appear in #PIXELS, and I'm ALMOST glad Iwata-san didn't have to see that. Almost.

PIXELS is the nadir of cynical "geek" corporate branding. Pretends to love things but just wants to bleed and repackage it. Soulless horrors

I want to commit acts upon this movie that the U.N. Human Rights Commission doesn't have categories for yet. #PIXELS

Bob Chipman @the_moviebob 12h12 hours ago

PIXELS so bad it requires a new review scale: in lieu of stars, "how many fingers should the filmmakers be allowed to KEEP?" #PixelsMovie

Bob Chipman @the_moviebob 12h12 hours ago

In summation: Fuck #PIXELS, fuck everyone who made PIXELS and preemptively fuck everyone who goes to *see* PIXELS.

• Like 10

Something about Pixels isn't clicking. Awareness is out there but I've seen the trailer play with full audiences and it's shockingly weak, and sandwiched between Ant-Man and MI5 I don't anticipate an eagerness for a big movie. I think its problem is the lack of audience overlap between the Happy Madison audience and the summer action comedy audience- people intrigued by the concept (I think) won't want to see Sandler and James in this movie and people who like Sandler and James won't want to see them in a big-budget movie about video games. This reminds me of Bedtime Stories when Sandler tried his hand at a Disney movie and the audiences didn't really cross over. This isn't to say I think Sandler is BO poison--Grown-Ups 2 is his niche and he can open a movie in it- but every time he's tried a film that doesn't directly appeal to his sensibilities audiences don't bite, and considering how much poor press he's gotten this year I'd say his more mainstream viability is low right now. 

• Like 2

Feeling zero buzz around this, and it has the potential to be horrendously bad. I'm guessing reviews haven't been embargoed for quite the same reason as they were for Mad Max.

Edit - AND WHY THE HELL DID THEY MAKE THIS PG-13?  

Edited by Wrath