lilmac

Thursday numbers: DM2-24.5, TLR-9.85, Heat-6.35 (BOM)

Had my first experience with a Swiss cinema tonight!

First things first. WWZ was just OK. It's hardly an adaptation of the source material, but even standing alone it's still fairly bland IMO. They sacrificed an exciting climax on the hopes for a sequel which is just annoying. And the 3D (as usual) was a total waste of time - what was the point? It added nothing. Just gave me a headache as always.

But the theater- the seats were big, comfortable and cushiony with a lot of leg room. The seats were assigned but there was only 20 people there so everyone just sat where they wanted. They did not serve popcorn but they did serve beer, so I guess it evens out. The ticket price was awful - 18 CHF plus another 3 for the glasses (but you can keep them), and another 12 or so on concessions and I hit 30 CHF for the night. The coolest aspect was probably the mid-movie smoke break. They actually pause the film for 10 minutes so people can smoke, pee, get another drink, whatever. I thought the screen broke at first but sometimes I get a bit restless so this was actually a really awesome feature IMO. A++

• Like 2

Had my first experience with a Swiss cinema tonight!

First things first. WWZ was just OK. It's hardly an adaptation of the source material, but even standing alone it's still fairly bland IMO. They sacrificed an exciting climax on the hopes for a sequel which is just annoying. And the 3D (as usual) was a total waste of time - what was the point? It added nothing. Just gave me a headache as always.

But the theater- the seats were big, comfortable and cushiony with a lot of leg room. The seats were assigned but there was only 20 people there so everyone just sat where they wanted. They did not serve popcorn but they did serve beer, so I guess it evens out. The ticket price was awful - 18 CHF plus another 3 for the glasses (but you can keep them), and another 12 or so on concessions and I hit 30 CHF for the night. The coolest aspect was probably the mid-movie smoke break. They actually pause the film for 10 minutes so people can smoke, pee, get another drink, whatever. I thought the screen broke at first but sometimes I get a bit restless so this was actually a really awesome feature IMO. A++

That sounds so cool, I wanna go to one!!! :( Though, beer wouldn't really be my choice of drink, but I'd take it.

What are the movies shot natively in 3d this year, not counting CGI animation ?

Gravity

The Hobbit

Oz ?

So only 2, 3 movies.

That s kinda pathetic.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

6:00 updateDM22D - 615IDX - 4623D - 114Total - 1191

Wow that is already higher than yesterday's total...gonna be a big day.

edit: and it's already higher than Wednesday, too.

Edited by Derpity

What are the movies shot natively in 3d this year, not counting CGI animation ?

Gravity

The Hobbit

Oz ?

So only 2, 3 movies.

That s kinda pathetic.

Quite a bit more, actually: Texas chainsaw, Hansel and gretel (half the movie), Jack, Oz, TGG, This is Us, Battle of the Year, Hobbit, Walking with dinosaurs, and 47 Ronin, although less and less sure this one gets released in 2013. Also, Gravity is converted, not shot in 3d. 

Any chance DM2 completely defies logic and goes $100m+ for the 3-day?

It's a small possibility, not remote enough to really be logic defying, it needs something like 36/36/28 (I've no idea how this Sat will do compare to Fri so..). That said this forum will explode if 100m 3-day really happens.

• Like 1

Studio estimates 100,1M

Actuals 98,9M

forums -> :rofl:

Uni will just fudge their way to get 100m actuals. It'll be their first 100m OW after all, they want the record badly, not just the headline for the estimates.