#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

In terms if men's hotness, I incline to trust your taste most of the time.

Thank you

Dex has great taste in the hotties. But he doesn't think Cavill is hot. LOL Neither do you.

Thank you

I am glad both think i have good taste in men. Both of you have good taste as well

• Like 1

:(I think it's still too new. Maybe next year they'll have it.I gotta find some good shows on Netflix to watch when I'm done with all these exams.

I thought Damages was pretty good with Glenn Close and Rose Byrne.

I thought Damages was pretty good with Glenn Close and Rose Byrne.

Glenn Close and Rose Byrne in a show together? Thats intriguing. I'm there when time permits me.Glenn Close will be in GOTG, pretty exciting.

Favorite directors currently working in Hollywood list! 

1. Coen brothers 

2. Paul Thomas Anderson 

3. Tarantino 

4. Scorsese

5. Wes Anderson 

6. Soderbergh

7. Wachowski siblings 

8. Spielberg 

9. Ang Lee

10. Rian Johnson 

(did this discussion die out a few pages ago? bah..) 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

1. Coen brothers Boring !

2. Paul Thomas Anderson  The Master was such a beautiful 70mm mess ...

3. Tarantino FUCK YEAH !

4. Scorsese The Professor

5. Wes Anderson  Indie Caricature

6. Soderbergh lol Is this a joke ?

7. Wachowski siblings  FUCK YEAH !

8. Spielberg  THE REAL MASTER

9. Ang Lee He s pretty good !

10. Rian Johnson  Only saw Looper

:)

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1. Coen brothers 

2. Paul Thomas Anderson 

3. Tarantino 

4. Scorsese

5. Wes Anderson 

6. Soderbergh

7. Wachowski siblings 

8. Spielberg 

9. Ang Lee

10. Rian Johnson 

Is this the "Estimate" thread?

1. Coen brothersAgree, they'd be top 6 or 7 for me

2. Paul Thomas Anderson Agree, top 3

3. Tarantino Best

4. Scorsese Top 5

5. Wes Anderson IMO, slightly overrated, although I have enjoyed several of his films

6. Soderbergh Traffic is the fucking best film of 2000 ... and he's made several other great films

7. Wachowski siblings The Matrix, but not a huge fan of there other directorial works

8. Spielberg Self explanatory

9. Ang Lee Not a huge fan, outside of Crouching Tiger  & Ice Storm

10. Rian Johnson Brick ... one of the best films for me

Nice list ... I'd say 6 or 7 of them would be in my top 10

edit ... well 6 ... Coens, PTA, Tarantino, Scorsese, Spielberg, Rian Johnson

Edited by Adam

Soderbergh is responsible for four very good movies (Contagion, Magic Mike, Side Effects, Behind the Candelabra) released in the last two years. His work ethic amazes me. 

Wachowskis- loved Matrix, Speed Racer, and Cloud Atlas, all of which were technically brilliant and didn't have an ounce of cynicism to them.

Rian Johnson has 'only' made two movies I loved (Brick and Looper) but I'm insanely excited to see where he goes from here. 

Don't feel like I need to defend/explain the rest. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Soderbergh is responsible for four very good movies (Contagion, Magic Mike, Side Effects, Behind the Candelabra) released in the last two years. His work ethic amazes me. 

Wachowskis- loved Matrix, Speed Racer, and Cloud Atlas, all of which were technically brilliant and didn't have an ounce of cynicism to them.

Rian Johnson has 'only' made two movies I loved (Brick and Looper) but I'm insanely excited to see where he goes from here. 

Don't feel like I need to defend/explain the rest. 

Who'd have thought he'd have made an honest-to-good film about the world of male stripping?

BTW, you get my message?

Edited by Jay Beezy

Can we just end this?Nolan is easily the best director.

When one lists the truly great directors like Hitchcock, Ford, Kubrick, Cukor, Huston, etc., Nolan's name doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence. 

• Like 3

And I have no problem with people liking director's I don't.  I just don't know why people get so offended and antagonistic or upset when I tell them that imo director A is better than director B.  It's my opinion.  We all have them.

Some of your comments implied a correlation between box office and the actual quality of a film which is bound to make some people irate. But otherwise, liking Bay over GDT is your opinion and no one should get worked up over it. 

I am back from Pacific Rim.

My Asian G-Spot was penetrated at least a good 5 times, and Idris Elba is a man amongst children in the movie. Not that Hunnam was awful....but his narration was grating at times. Charlie Day has the most adorable squeaky voice in Hollywood.

Solid film, in terms of fun, only behind Fast 6 this year I think.

• Like 4

Cavill barely spoke during the movie and when he did he felt quite wooden.  ;)  :P

After the first few MOS trailers featured narration by Costner & Crowe but very little dialog from Cavill I suspected that he wasn't going to give a great performance, and indeed he didn't. He wasn't awful by any means, just very stiff and lacking any screen presence. Cavill benefited immensely from the fact that his handsome, chiseled-jawed perfection gave him the instant appearance of the character and caused people to look beyond his limitations as an actor. 

I love how overrated people in film and directors who lived 50 to 70 years ago are on the internet. 

Of course, it's not a one way street ... it's either back in the day ... or right now it's the best.  No happy medium.

Edited by Adam