#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Would be interesting how a Sandler/Ferrell movie would do, both are capable of $100m+ grosses on their own, would be interesting how a movie with both of them would do

It would have to be a Sandler/Ferrell comedy, not a Sandler comedy that costars Ferrell if you understand what I mean.

• Like 1

Disappointed to seeing PR doing the numbers it is, but I think it'll have great WOM. My two friends I went to see it with said they came to make fun of it; they left loving it and saying it was their favorite blockbuster of the summer.

Don't you all think, that "Pacific Rim" is more of a westcoast movie? Should go up with evening shows.

8pm and not a sell out in sight for either Pac Rim or Grown Ups 2. Not even in Long Beach, CA.  Haven't checked LA though. Just checked Ontario, Long Beach and Irvine.

l don't love Pitch Perfect (it's quite alright), so I'm appalled that I've seen it five times and I'm not even sick of it.

I feel quite similar. I love how Anna goes off about how movies end up being so predictable, and Pitch Perfect ends up being one of the most predictable movies I've seen in the past the few years. It's got its moments though and the cast is charming.

Dat Anna Kendrick factor.

Edited by #MrPink of Steel
  • Like 1

It would have to be a Sandler/Ferrell comedy, not a Sandler comedy that costars Ferrell if you understand what I mean.

Ferrell just being in that typical Sandler style comedy wouldn't work for me either.  It would have to be something different feeling.

With an interesting concept, writing team & good trailers ... instead of the usual 30-40 million opening they see individually ... I would think 60+ opening (I don't believe it could do uber business opening weekend, but I'll see how Anchorman does this winter) ... legs would depend on if the film is utter shit.

Edited by Adam

Ferrell just being in that typical Sandler style comedy wouldn't work for me.  It would have to be something different feeling.

With an interesting concept, writing team & good trailers ... instead of the usual 30-40 million opening they see individually ... I would think 60+ opening (I don't believe it could do uber business opening weekend, but I'll see how Anchorman does this winte) ... legs would depend on if the film is utter shit.

What we see in Sandler style comedy nowadays ain't much of a style. It's mostly just sight gags and not much in the way of one-liners.

What we see in Sandler style comedy nowadays ain't much of a style. It's mostly just sight gags and not much in the way of one-liners.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread ... haven't seen a Sandler comedy (outside Funny People) since Click, so I have no point of reference ... just what I read and hear.

Edited by Adam

PR not doing to well down under.

4m wkend not likely for Dm2PR unless theres a huge Sat uplift prob won't hit 3m wkend,on Fri it wasn't that much ahead of MOS's Fri (will be ell over 20m with Sat) and were as TH had a Fri increase PR didn't

I hope PR just does well enough that studio will still give Del Toro freedom.I'm also really thankful that WB is giving The Wachowskis a big budget summer blockbuster next year, even after two consecutive box office dissapointments.

I hope PR just does well enough that studio will still give Del Toro freedom.I'm also really thankful that WB is giving The Wachowskis a big budget summer blockbuster next year, even after two consecutive box office dissapointments.

Why should it matter? WB gave him freedom to make Pacific Rim, and they essentially dumped the film and treated it like crap.