#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Actually, possible 6 (7, but I think RIPD has a 0,000000000000000001% chance of doing it) movies over 20M. That would be a record, I think.

20M Movies:

1. The Conjuring - 35 to 40 million

2. Despicable Me 2 - 24 to 26 million

3. Turbo - 21 to 23 million (28 to 33 million 5 day)

4. Grown Ups 2 - 20 to 22 million (no true competition)

I think Red 2 and Pacific Rim will both narrowly miss it with 16-19 million each of them

RIPD will make 8-12 million - total bomb :( too bad since it looks kinda intriguing

Yeah, but there are literally no numbers in her post. Not even estimates or guesstimates or ranges. It's simply in her title, which seems like a huge stretch, even for her (especially since those are weekend predictions, not Friday's).

I literally just brought that up 15 mins. ago. Great minds think alike ;)

Looking like WB will at least salvage break even from this at one point disaster. Well played.

Warner Brothers deserves most of the blame if the movie does poorly in the long run (and no it probably won't be a disaster).

They marketed it, but it wasn't their movies, so they didn't give a sht.

So Nikki's just extrapolating off of midnights it sounds, and we all know how "good" she is at that, lol. I still think PR made a huge chunk of its Friday gross from midnights because of the fan rush. We'll see I guess.

You folks do know that Nikki really does have studio sources right?

You folks do know that Nikki really does have studio sources right?

I think most people know this. It doesn't seem to matter though. She normally quotes her source whether it be the studio or a rival studio.

3.5M midnights-wouldn't that mean around a upper 30s OW? Oh well, can't judge her :P

She does tend to overdo it with her early guestimates (or under sometimes), since it is still early after all.Though nothing can ever beat her early guestimate for Scream 4 :lol:

I think most people know this. It doesn't seem to matter though. She normally quotes her source whether it be the studio or a rival studio.

A lot of times though her predictions tend to be way off, and usually a movie opens worse than she said it did.

She original had the Lone Ranger pegged at 60-69 million for the five-day weekend.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

3.5M midnights-wouldn't that mean around a upper 30s OW? Oh well, can't judge her :PShe does tend to overdo it with her early guestimates (or under sometimes), since it is still early after all.Though nothing can ever beat her early guestimate for Scream 4 :lol:

What was that guessimate?

A lot of times though her predictions tend to be way off, and usually a movie opens worse than she said it did.

She original had the Lone Ranger pegged at 60-69 million for the five-day weekend.

Well yeah. I remember when she didn't even try to give a weekend number until Saturday. She would only give Friday numbers.

But then I believe it THR started giving weekend estimates on Friday and then she started. Not sure could have been Variety before they bought Deadline.