baumer

Tues #s RTH

No I am just being realistic

Not really. It had the best hold on Sunday so Monday it counterbalanced that while Tuesday newest releases have the weakest jumps so number today is fine.  ;)

• Like 1

PR is officially doomed. 100M finish should be happy now.

Fuck GU2. I have no faith in humanity now.

Your faith on humanity shouldn't be based on entertainment anyway, lol.

• Like 9

It's just sad that people are more forgiving crap for everyone but Del Toro when he actually does a typical summer popcorn blockbuster with its typical flaws (dull lead actor, the pacing, muddy environments that can blurry the sight) and strengths (over the top action, set pieces, iconic robots/monsters) GA don't bother to give a shit even if Del Toro tries his hardest to catter to them crafting an enjoyable piece of action entertainment. Despite being below his best works, it doesn't deserve that much disinterest not being worse than any past summer blockbusters hits.(Yeah I'm looking at you DMC and TF2)

This is why GA are stupid, never to be trusted and unsavable.

Edited by firedeep

This is why GA are stupid, never to be trusted and unsavable.

Well, I remember seeing Blade II in a packed theater back in the day during La Fête Du Cinéma (Discount tickets festival). That was as GA as you could get. I don't know Del Toro has a disconnected track record with GA at large. Regarding Del Toro's movies, good WOM among GA doesn't come across as widely as it could and stay niche with an enthusiastic core fanbase that never infects general audience.(Either they don't give a damn so they shrug it off or they move on quickly never translating their enthusiasm to another person in an effective manner that pushes that person to see it as well)

Well, I remember seeing Blade II in a packed theater back in the day during La Fête Du Cinéma (Discount tickets festival). That was as GA as you could get. I don't know Del Toro has a disconnected track record with GA at large. Regarding Del Toro's movies, good WOM among GA doesn't come across as widely as it could and stay niche with an enthusiastic core fanbase that never infects general audience.(Either they don't give a damn so they shrug it off or they move on quickly never translating their enthusiasm to another person in an effective manner that pushes that person to see it as well)

Damn, french is so sophisticated that even your cheap-ass discount festival sounds like something Jean Luc Godard shit out. 

• Like 4

TLR is gone from my local theater this weekend, same with MU...too many new movies coming out.

MU is keeping a full screen at most of my local theaters, surprising given that Turbo is playing everywhere on a bunch of screens and DM2 still has multiple screens at each theater. TLR, WHD, and MOS are almost completely gone. TITE has more showtimes than MOS. 

Will TITE make it pass 100M? There are just so many new releases coming up, I don't like the prospect of its future TC loss at all. I hope it'll get to that milestone.

The GA is relegated to a bunch of loonies this time around.  There are only so many PR loonies to go around.  Legs, imo, will be average for a summer film, 2.8-3 maybe.  I personally don't see more than 120 mill.

What?  :lol:

I was talking about Grown Ups 2 

LOL You guys are calling the GA stupid for not watching Pacific Rim? You got to realize most people don't even know what a kaiju is let alone it being something people will be interested in.  That doesn't make people stupid or dumb. Sorry it just didn't catch on. And having seen the movie, I don't think it was that interesting anyway.  But that's just me.

• Like 1

LOL You guys are calling the GA stupid for not watching Pacific Rim? You got to realize most people don't even know what a kaiju is let alone it being something people will be interested in.  That doesn't make people stupid or dumb. Sorry it just didn't catch on. And having seen the movie, I don't think it was that interesting anyway.  But that's just me.

Does it matter whether they know kaiju are a thing? It's a good summer film and they're missing out.
  • Like 2

GA don't have to know what a Kaiju means, they have eyes, they just see there are giant monsters and humanity kick their ass in giant robots, how could you do simplier than that?! I don't see GA saying "WTF is a Kaiju?! Fuck this movie!". I mean did GA know what a Decepticon or an Autobot was back in 2007? Not at all, they see big ass robots fighting in a summer blockbuster and get excited. Pacific Rim features big ass robots fighting big ass monsters in a summer blockbuster but they're not excited at all. The problem is not that GA don't know what is a Kaiju.

Edited by dashrendar44

GA don't have to know what a Kaiju means, they have eyes, they just see there are giant monsters and humanity kick their ass in giant robots, how could you do simplier than that?! I don't see GA saying "WTF is a Kaiju?! Fuck this movie!". I mean did GA know what a Decepticon or an Autobot was back in 2007? Not at all.

Huh?

Does it matter whether they know kaiju are a thing? It's a good summer film and they're missing out.

I wish the casual moviegoing friends of mine agreed with you. They weren't angry with me for recommending it, but they certainly didn't think much of it. Usually they're game for pure fun. They couldn't stomach the heavy cheese and found the film at large pretty forgettable. The one's I know that do seem to like it a fair amount would be my fellow geek chums and my dad, a monster movie enthusiast. I'm honestly not certain how well this flick's playing with the GA that did decide to give it chance.