CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Turbo - 5.6M

Probably his last role as anything close to the lead in movies with large budgets. He'll probably still get lots of roles as the 2nd Banana (Like Safe House) or a supporting character in an ensemble (Like The Croods). He seems to do ok as long as he's not the definitive lead in a movie.

Ryan Reynolds was THE MAIN CHARACTER in Safe House. He had more screentime than Denzel, although advertising had Denzel billed first (for box office reasons).

Also I doubt it.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

I agree that this seems like a decent # for a film whose target demo is 5-12....$6m from 7pm-2am, their normal bedtime, means a healthy crossover appeal imo. 

what 6 million is the estimated number for All of Wednesday I thought. Like the WHOLE day. 

Edited by ban1o

6m Weds

4.9m Thurs

8m Fri

9m Sat

7.5m Sun

35m 5-day

90m total

It'd be really awful for Dreamworks if this doesn't hit 100m.  They have quite a lot riding on this, much more than Rise of the Guardians.

Ryan Reynolds was THE MAIN CHARACTER in Safe House. He had more screentime than Denzel, although advertising had Denzel billed first (for box office reasons).

Also I doubt it.

Oh, I know he had more screen time, but I'm sure most of us consider Denzel the main character. He was certainly the more compelling character.

yeah, I don't know where he's getting that 7pm-2am malarkey from

What he's saying is that kids will be in bed and not at the movies at that time. 6m is good for daytime business only.

• Like 1

6m Weds

4.9m Thurs

8m Fri

9m Sat

7.5m Sun

35m 5-day

90m total

It'd be really awful for Dreamworks if this doesn't hit 100m.  They have quite a lot riding on this, much more than Rise of the Guardians.

Why would it have that terrible of legs? Most animated movies have at least 3 time multipliers.

Oh, I know he had more screen time, but I'm sure most of us consider Denzel the main character. He was certainly the more compelling character.

Speaking of which, you know their trying to make a Safe House sequel?

I agree with you that Denzel's character was better, but Reynolds was still the main character, you got more insight into his character than you did with Washington's.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

6m Weds

4.9m Thurs

8m Fri

9m Sat

7.5m Sun

35m 5-day

90m total

Dreamworks better fast track The Croods 2 if this doesn't do well overseas. I'm sure RR recognizes the need to be in a movie that won't be a flop. :P

Edited by Incarnadine

Speaking of which, you know their trying to make a Safe House sequel?

I agree with you that Denzel's character was better, but Reynolds was still the main character, you got more insight into his character than you did with Washington's.

I agree the movie is about Reynolds character but the movie is marketed as Denzel Thriller

That's why it made $125M

Dreamworks better fast track The Croods 2 if this doesn't do well overseas. I'm sure RR recognizes the need to be in a movie that won't be a flop. :P

Safe House, The Croods, and The Proposal all say hi. Three movies that had Ryan Reynolds in them that didn’t flop.

I agree the movie is about Reynolds character but the movie is marketed as Denzel Thriller

That's why it made $125M

Safe House actually opened considerably higher than the average Washington film (I don’t believe it was because of Reynolds though).

• Like 1