Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well, like I said, I really think they need to wait and see how this one does before getting ahead of themselves.. Just cause we dig it doesn't mean the General Audience will..

I agree, they're just being optimistic.

10 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

This is standard studio advance release talk now, has been for some time.

It means nothing till the OW, heck 2nd weekend have all been tallied.

Hope no one is still waiting on the Superman Returns, Green Lantern or FF reboot sequel. All announced prior to release of the first film.

• Like 2

If Stallone were to win an oscar now for it, some 40 years after the original was released, it would be very poetic and sweet.  IMO, if Peter Finch hadn't died (sorry but it's true imo), Stallone would have won best actor for Rocky and I realize Paddy Chayefsky is one of the all time brilliant writers, but I think Stallone should have won best original SP as well.  But that's just my opinion.  I'd love to see him get some oscar consideration this year.  

On November 1, 2015 at 5:35:13 PM, CoolioD1 said:

got an original tune from vince staples/gambino in it it looks like. this generation's eye of the tiger for sure.

Can't wait for the music video where it cuts back and forth between scenes of Jordan fighting and Gambino looking depressed. Awesome.

This is too good news to wait till the evening:
Chris Stuckmann loves it! I found it via imdb -> Creed Forums.

So it turns out I'm not embargoed on social media so I'm just gonna say it: CREED is my favorite film in the Rocky series since 1976.

And who speaks Portuguese? Also via imdb I found another review for this movie at omelete.com. The reviewer liked it too (4/5) but of course I don't understand what he is saying ;). Thanks Goffe.

(Would have liked to put a few emoticons here but it doesn't work).

Edited by el sid
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, el sid said:

This is too good news to wait till the evening:
Chris Stuckmann loves it! I found it via imdb -> Creed Forums.
And who speaks Portuguese? Also via imdb I found another review for this movie at omelete.com. The reviewer liked it too (4/5) but of course I don't understand what he is saying ;).

(Would have liked to put a few emoticons here but it doesn't work).

It's a very comic book-nerd friendly website, and the most popular one here. 

They start by saying that Creed is a good example of a mix of a reboot, remake and sequel that doesn't offend the viewer's intelligence and doesn't succumb to fanboy indulgence. Says that the movie gives new meanings to old images. That it has a decent amount of emotion to it, but that humor is where it really excels. Also says that the movie tries to be as realistic as possible.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

just saw on imdb the uk release moved up from feb 19th to jan 15th. which isn't ideal but hopefully this gives me a chance to see it at cinemas before i vote for it in every category at our forum awards..

Weird seeing Coolio excited for a movie as opposed to shitting on movies and anyone anticipating them.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Checked out the b-roll.

Didn't know the director was a black dude.

And I ain't gay or anything but MBJ is a super-good looking guy. A young Denzel right there.

Yep... we 100% believe you

vroayhCyTImk0.gif

• Like 1