Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

Seriously... Who in their right mind ever believed Rocky 7 would have a 94 on RT? If you raised your hand you are a liar.  And this is heavily weighted by top critics so it's not just the fanboy critics. I don't think it will drop much if any, and will end up in the 90s. 

I can't wait... But I have to see it to believe that anyone other then Stallone can get me out of my seat. With reviews like this though... It may be the one! 

• Like 9

Just now, Ethan Edwards said:

Seriously... Who in their right mind ever believed Rocky 7 would have a 94 on RT? If you raised your hand you are a liar.  And this is heavily weighted by top critics so it's not just the fanboy critics. I don't think it will drop much if any, and will end up in the 90s. 

I can't wait... But I have to see it to believe that anyone other then Stallone can get me out of my seat. With reviews like this though... It may be the one! 

When I read who was writing/directing, I thought 90% range. He's a real talent.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

After seeing it, I thought this would get good reviews. But nothing like this. Breakout is looking more and more likely.

WB's also given it a great marketing campaign, similar to their other adult-skewing crowdpleasers The Blind Side and American Sniper. 

Wouldn't be shocked at a $50 million 5-day+ with MJ2 underperforming, Spectre/Peanuts being pretty much finished, everything else in November bombing, Victor Frankenstein being another bomb, and Good Dinosaur targeting a different demographic/possibly doing less than Frozen's 5-day.

Would be interesting if it gets $150 million+ DOM... nostalgia + critical acclaim has been a recipe for success this year. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 4

Since I am so ready to see this movie and can remember all the other films, I thought this fit "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and the credits roll  and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the forums"

:P 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, baumer said:

I really hope it does well and I hope Stallone is nominated.

The reviews are so strong they should really campaign for a BP nom. Even Rocky Balboa, for being a surprisingly good film, still got kinda mixed reception from critics. This on the other hand is getting straight up raves. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, tufftuff said:

way too low. Should get $100 million for the 5 day (Tuesday night-Sunday)

That's next to impossible.  You're talking about a boxing movie.  Name the last time one broke out in a big way.  

• Like 1