Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they do them every three years like the originals.

They have a Fantastic Beasts sequel set up for Thanksgiving 2018... so I guess Creed 2 can't come out there.

Just now, Gopher said:

The Oscar conversation for Stallone imo comes from a good place but I think feels unnecessary. It's a great performance, once with a ton of grace and honesty, and I think the fact that Coogler nailed his character and got this performance out of him is something to cherish. 

Sounds like Stallone got himself an Oscar for this year.

• Like 1

I saw it a few hours ago!

Two thumbs up--a solid right cross of a HIT!!

Stallone was great, Michael B Jordan was great and so was Phylisia Rashad as Mother Creed in her small part!!

I got a bit choked up twice! Any fan of good drama needs to see this movie, boxing is just the backdrop!

• Like 4

This film K.O.s all others right now.  I don't care.  Saw it tonight, nearly sold out, and the audience was with it the whole way...I haven't heard screams and claps (during the fights) like this in a movie for a long, long time.   In agreement with everything said above.  And as great as MBJ and Stallone are (you've never seen Sly this humble and vulnerable)...the score is almost better!!  Amazing themes.

• Like 2

This film K.O.s all others right now.  I don't care.  Saw it tonight, nearly sold out, and the audience was with it the whole way...I haven't heard screams and claps (during the fights) like this in a movie for a long, long time.   In agreement with everything said above.  And as great as MBJ and Stallone are (you've never seen Sly this humble and vulnerable)...the score is almost better!!  Amazing themes.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Y'all got me really looking forward to this movie even though I never saw any Rocky films except the original (once, on TV, over 10 years ago), never been a fan of Stallone and disliked Fruitvale Station. What the hell. 

one of us one of us

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I've legit heard stallone had an authentic fake oscar made from real gold for the best actor award he thought he deserved.

Where did you hear that?

On 4/13/2015 7:53:01, mahnamahna said:

$27 million 5 day

$70 million DOM 

November 2015 is too crowded for this to really shine. Spectre, The Martian and Seth Rogen's new comedy will satisfy adult audiences. Good Dinosaur, Midnight Special (supposed to be rated PG) and Peanuts will take away families. Mockingjay 2 will take some of both.

Similar numbers to Rocky Balboa (2006) is a best-case scenario unless WB moves it to January/February. 

On 4/13/2015 7:55:21, CJohn said:

When this does something like 25-30M DOM I am gonna go full Nikki with TOLDJA posts all over the Weekend Numbers thread.

Well, you are both wrong.  

TOLDJA

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Well, you are both wrong.  

TOLDJA

I am super happy with this. Always good to see a movie breaking out. Honestly didn't see it coming after the meh performance of Rocky Balboa. I am glad I was wrong :lol: I am in the Stallone getting the Oscar hype train, I hope it happens, the man deserves it. :) 

• Like 2