RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

hooray, superhero movies doing less than expected is always cause for celebration

In another news :

- Gravity is not sci fi guys

- Fast 6 is making a killing in China.

what movies do you consider sci-fi then?

CITW, PA1 and Insidious all managed it. We're just used to horror films dropping hard because most of them are complete crap.

And even then, The Conjuring is dropping the same amount as CITW with three times the opening weekend. That's insane.

• Like 1

This is is why I am not sold on DOFP being a breakout hit next year. I don't think that there is a large enough fanbase there for the franchise anymore. Being the third SH movie after Cap2 and TASM2 in less than 2 months won't help it either.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

I actually don't know, where all the positivity for DOFP comes from? Nostalgia?

"First Class" was very well received and still had a very disappointing multiplier.

That franchise is burnt out, because nobody felt responsible to work out a plan for it. It's all over the place and there's no way to fix it. It needs time, some years of sleep and maybe in 8 or 10 years, they can start a new franchise.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 2

I actually don't know, where all the positivity for DOFP comes from? Nostalgia?

"First Class" was very well received and still had a very diappointing multiplier.

That franchise is burnt out, because nobody felt responsible to work out a plan for it. It's all over the place and there's no way to fix it. It needs time, some years of sleep and maybe in 8 or 10 years, they can start a new franchise.

FOX can't afford to wait. If they do, they risk the film rights reverting back to Disney/Marvel! :stirthepot:

I would love that

Don't expect that anytime soon dude. The X-Films are dropping in BO numbers from each previous movie, but not mega bombing like the Narnia sequels. It will take no less for Fox to give up the rights. They are not even letting go of Fantastic Four, and that has proven to be a far less lucrative franchise than X-Men for them.