CJohn

Avatar: Fire and Ash | December 19, 2025 | RIP Jon Landau

On 11/9/2022 at 3:38 PM, NCsoft said:

Can't wait for this film and to follow this run, occupying a spot for now.

Hey NC Soft same here....... 

The worldwind is going to happy again!!-- 

" Sullys and Cameron Fans Stick Together!"  :)

• Thanks 3

I’ve been thinking about this recently, and it’s occurred to me how insane it is that this is set to come out a full five years after principal photography concluded. I’m still not entirely sure what the nature of the most recent delay is. Was it just because they needed more time to work on the VFX or was it because of the strikes? 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve been thinking about this recently, and it’s occurred to me how insane it is that this is set to come out a full five years after principal photography concluded. I’m still not entirely sure what the nature of the most recent delay is. Was it just because they needed more time to work on the VFX or was it because of the strikes? 

More time for the VFX, I'm sure they could have made December 2024 but given how impressive Avatar: The Way of Water was visually, another year of work can only be a good thing.

12 hours ago, Jonwo said:

More time for the VFX, I'm sure they could have made December 2024 but given how impressive Avatar: The Way of Water was visually, another year of work can only be a good thing.

Also they want they will the chance for some reshoots if they wanted to.

If you include the strikes and all the delays of other movies, I'm pretty sure if it wasn't moved before to 2025 it would have moved because of the strikes.

So 2025 was inevitable. 😄🙁

I think the delay has more to do with 4 and 5 than anything. 3 is mostly in the can, and it's probably smarter financially to keep the franchise's momentum going by locking in a more consistent release structure akin to the Star Wars prequels instead of their being a sudden 5 year delay on 4/5 after 3's release.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Just wanted to point out that yesterday the CEO of Disney Italy referenced Avatar 3 as The Seed Bearer at the 2023 Sorrento Professional Days of Cinema… 

incredible

he say anything else?

Big engagement on X over the news on Avatar sequels.

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Old news...  👆   This stuff was quoted over a year ago by Cameron et al.  

The post was about the engagement to the posts on X not the actual news. 😉

It wasn't all old news actually, there was an exclusive interview by People with James Cameron released yesterday.