Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

I think they should do one more film after 8 then call it a day.

I wouldn't be against a 9th film as long as they do tie everything up soon. When I think of The Fast and the Furious, the first 2 people I think of are Vin and Paul. And it's funny because Roman has been my favorite character since 2 Fast, but I do find Vin and Paul more essential to the story. Tyrese has just always cracked me up haha. I just don't think they should make too many. Universal is what I'm worried about though. I mean it's understandable from a business perspective to just keep going when it keeps getting bigger and bigger, it's going to be hard for Universal to actually call it an end when they finally hit the $1.5b mark with 7. I'm thinking 1.2-1.3b for 8 which will definitely make things difficult when it comes to the future of the series. Edited by Cheesy Poofs

I think they should do one more film after 8 then call it a day.

Producers have already said that they will keep making them if they make money, and don't have any plans to end the story. They said they want at least 5 more movies, so... strap in.

Diesel being the lead actor can actually make them delay Fast 8 a year until Lin is done with Trek. There is no rush to make this movie.

How do you know Lin doesn't want to direct just like Wan doesn't?

Lin has never made any comments about wanting to come back. And after 4 films, don't you think maybe he's been spent on this franchise?

I was hoping Wan would come back himself, considering he had an option in his contract. I say look for a new director, now.

Edited by Jay Daddeezy

From Vin's Facebook:

"The fans of the Fast & Furious SAGA are the best fans in the world... Since I became the Producer in 2008, you have been with me every step of the way... literally giving me feedback that proved invaluable. Thank you. 

My producing partner Neal would love for me to just sign off on a director, but this is too special a franchise, so these matters have to be very carefully handled. To be clear, NO ONE has been offered to helm Fast 8 yet... let alone seen a script.
Universal has been so good to me and so trusting of the vision... they have been like family... I promised the studio I would deliver one last Trilogy to end the saga.
I will announce the directors on my next post..."

He didn't.

The keyword is directors, I'm really curious what duo they'll get.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

From Vin's Facebook:

"The fans of the Fast & Furious SAGA are the best fans in the world... Since I became the Producer in 2008, you have been with me every step of the way... literally giving me feedback that proved invaluable. Thank you. 

My producing partner Neal would love for me to just sign off on a director, but this is too special a franchise, so these matters have to be very carefully handled. To be clear, NO ONE has been offered to helm Fast 8 yet... let alone seen a script.

Universal has been so good to me and so trusting of the vision... they have been like family... I promised the studio I would deliver one last Trilogy to end the saga.

He didn't.

LORD MILLER

When SW grosses 290M on OW:

"What a shit weekend." -CJohn

Anything under OW record = BOMB. No way around that.

America is fucking with me since August so it is possible it happens. It won't give me more Bullet-Proof Spock, it won't give more Majestic Beautiful Daario doing dumb stunts, it won't give me more FANT4STIC, and it won't even give Johnny Depp and Jason Clarke their money on quality projects. Fuck you America.

:apocalypse:

I guess Sandler and M Night Shyamalan can breath a bit, tho. 

• Like 1

Anything under OW record = BOMB. No way around that.

America is fucking with me since August so it is possible it happens. It won't give me more Bullet-Proof Spock, it won't give more Majestic Beautiful Daario doing dumb stunts, it won't give me more FANT4STIC, and it won't even give Johnny Depp and Jason Clarke their money on quality projects. Fuck you America.

:apocalypse:

I guess Sandler and M Night Shyamalan can breath a bit, tho. 

Post of the day right here.

• Like 1

From Vin's Facebook:

He didn't.

so they will stop after 9. Well maybe the cast.