Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

9 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This has happened in literally every single Indiana Jones film 

And happens a lot in franchise films and TV in general.

We knew nothing about Henry Jones, Sr until the third film.

The all time champion for this is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where they introduced a Kid Sister for Buffy in Season 5; of course this turned out to be the driving force in the main plot for Season 5.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think it's that implausible that Indy knows one additional person from the time during World War 2

Well, given the Indy managed to reach the rank of Colonel in the US Army, I would say he knew quite a few people we have not heard of yet...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Ben Shapiro and The Critical Drinker can both eat shit. 

What the hell has happened with BOT and why we are paying attention to these alt right scammers again? Seriously, who the fuck cares what these a-holes think about Indiana Jones?

• Like 3

Just now, Firepower said:

At this point they just look for any reaching excuse to hate it, they want to hate it... for whatever reason.

They need idiots enraged and mad that ‘they destroyed our childhood, our heroes’ because that keeps their base engaged, and it’s sort of how they act like a getaway drug to ‘red pill’ idiots. It’s telegraphed, idiotic and I’m not sure why anyone here thinks is a good idea to even share this shit.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Firepower said:

At this point they just look for any reaching excuse to hate it, they want to hate it... for whatever reason.

Criticizing the hero for his past adventures is a significant reason. No fan of the series wants to her this crap. They're there for a good time, not to be lectured.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Criticizing the hero for his past adventures is a significant reason. No fan of the series wants to her this crap. They're there for a good time, not to be lectured.

I didn't hear that piece of dialogue because of all the noise in the scene, I guess I wasn't lectured :(

Edited by Firepower

If I were to think that these clowns didn't make those statements just to rile up people, I'd point them at Raiders of the Lost Ark. In it, Belloq compares himself to Indy, and how the two have both "fallen from the pure faith". But that would require someone like the Critical Drinker actually being in any way an honest person interested in arguing in good faith, which he clearly is not. He is nothing more than a con-artists who enriches himself at the cost of gullible people who want to be lied to. Zero integrity.

Seriously, the whole franchise has been about Indy improving himself, and getting rid of bad character traits. You'd have to be blind to miss Temple of Doom starting with Indy finding and selling items to criminals, only to end up saving children and the Sankara stones because it was the right thing to do.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 5