Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

The clip is being trashed on social media as boring, bland, ugly, bad directed and edited 

I mean while these clips is released to being judged, it´s not unusual these days that people will take something out of context of the whole thing [and likely too edited to be released] and have a meltdown over it as if is the final and full thing, but still people keep very cautious with this movie

DIS really need the premiere on Cannes tomorrow to be a huge splash so they can shut up the narrative being build that LucasFilm and Kathleen Kennedy is destroying the franchise and the revisionism that Indy 4 is actually great 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The clip is being trashed on social media as boring, bland, ugly, bad directed and edited 

I mean while these clips is released to being judged, it´s not unusual these days that people will take something out of context of the whole thing [and likely too edited to be released] and have a meltdown over it as if is the final and full thing, but still people keep very cautious with this movie

DIS really need the premiere on Cannes tomorrow to be a huge splash so they can shut up the narrative being build that LucasFilm and Kathleen Kennedy is destroying the franchise and the revisionism that Indy 4 is actually great 

The alt right trashes Star Wars and Marvel into oblivion. It will do the same with Gunn’s take on Superman and the DC Universe. Judging films by social media noise is just a no no these days, let’s see what happens with Cannes and the reviewers reactions when they come.

• Like 4

Let's be honest... that clip is terrible. Why release something like that? That clip didnt help them at all. 6-7 months back I thought Indy would make 1B+ WW-China but for last few weeks I think there's definitely some lack of hype / interest. Think this is gonna be another 750-850M WW-China blockbuster.

I’m very against watching trailers, nevermind actual clips from a film I’m anticipating.

If we are talking about this clip, yeah people in social media are nuts and it will be fine.

This screams Indiana Jones. Almost feels like getting inspiration on Uncharted (the game, not the film) that at same time is inspired by Indy. Good stuff.

The clip really doesn't inspire confidence (but then I must remember this is a forum that gets excited by Disney remakes). So much ugly, boring green-screen.

Still, I'm not writing the movie off yet. The secret weapon remains Mangold. He's had a good run of movies recently that are better than the sum of their parts. If it can just have a simple plot and non-shit mcguffin it'll already be better than its predecessor.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

The alt right trashes Star Wars and Marvel into oblivion. It will do the same with Gunn’s take on Superman and the DC Universe. Judging films by social media noise is just a no no these days, let’s see what happens with Cannes and the reviewers reactions when they come.

No one said anything about the alt-right...