Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Mission Impossible better hope that it is better than the trailer it just dopped if it wants to take advantage of the considerable jump in buzz.

Elon Musk fucked Twitter and i can't see the views on the trailer anymore. But on YOutube it has a healthy number of views, but extrmely low number of likes.

a sluggish sequel that in fits and starts recaptures the playful derring-do of the previous chapters, but director James Mangold, taking the reins from Steven Spielberg, never delivers the rollicking adventure that franchise fans have come to expect.

What they did manage to make would be perfectly fine as a standalone adventure film starring some other character, but it’s not worthy of the whip.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife reviews and box office is the target now.

Uh GBA made a little over 200m worldwide. Dial of Destiny should be surpassing that in its worldwide opening weekend 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

Uh GBA made a little over 200m worldwide. Dial of Destiny should be surpassing that in its worldwide opening weekend 

Indiana Jones is my favorite franchise of all time. I'm named after fucking Harrison Ford. It's also one that has no juice. The trailer views are bad. The Quorum ratings are bad. The polls of most anticipated don't even have it above fucking Insidious most of the time. It's a wonderful franchise. But it's square as fuck. Nobody my age (29) cares, much less any younger. It's an old serial for white people that don't watch movies anymore. Top Gun was a major military action movie. Even Ghostbusters was a Paul Rudd comedy. This movie is for grandpas and squares like me.

I was out on the box office of this movie when I thought it would get 90% on RT and even with my love for it as a franchise. The goose is cooked.

• Like 3

WTH are these posts claiming no one cares about indiana jones? It's only for old people? crystal skull had similarly mixed reception and still made  $800m. yall need some perspective.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Maggie said:

If the movie is bad, nothing and nobody can save it. I have some reservations about the MI:DR quality

it'll get like 97% fresh, we both know this

• Like 2