Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

9 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

How much money did Top Gun Maverick make in China last year? Anyone?

CFA (China Film Administration) doesn't allow film advocating American Military power &additionally banned film which opens declares Taiwan as Independent Country (They have a Taiwanese Flag which CFA asked to remove but Paramount didn't care, which forced Chinese Tencent to pull out of the film and ultimately CFA banned out)

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I can work with that.

Judging from this post, you have been avoiding spoilers lol. I wont say anything obviously.

As for the films prospects. Well i got a few smilies ages ago when i said i wouldntr be at all surprised if this finishes behind Crystal Skull, domestic and worldwide, and i wonder if i would get those same smilies now lol.

At the end of the day this could be sitting at 100 RT score, and nothing involving the films gross would be set in stone. Simple fact is how many people actually want to watch a 80yo Indiana Jones bumbling along on screen?, especially if you are a mega fan of the orig trilogy like me.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

Judging from this post, you have been avoiding spoilers lol. I wont say anything obviously.

As for the films prospects. Well i got a few smilies ages ago when i said i wouldntr be at all surprised if this finishes behind Crystal Skull, domestic and worldwide, and i wonder if i would get those same smilies now lol.

At the end of the day this could be sitting at 100 RT score, and nothing involving the films gross would be set in stone. Simple fact is how many people actually want to watch a 80yo Indiana Jones bumbling along on screen?, especially if you are a mega fan of the orig trilogy like me.

I'm a megahypersuper fan of the original trilogy and i will see Dial of Destiny on OD.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 3

That’s quite a rebound. On one hand, premiering it at Cannes resulted in a month of bad press, but on the other hand, if they hadn’t done that, I assume it would’ve started with a high Rotten Tomatoes score, only for it to experience a steady decline leading into its release, similar to what happened with WW84, which would’ve led to a different kind of narrative. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

CFA (China Film Administration) doesn't allow film advocating American Military power &additionally banned film which opens declares Taiwan as Independent Country (They have a Taiwanese Flag which CFA asked to remove but Paramount didn't care, which forced Chinese Tencent to pull out of the film and ultimately CFA banned out)

Chinese censors are such huge losers lmao

• Like 3