Rate Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Saw this a few weeks ago for the first time in years and it is unequivocally the worst film in the series by far. It definitely has its good moments (particularly the basilisk and the whole Tom Marvolo Riddle memory), but it's otherwise utterly mediocre and basically feels like a film that simply reenacted scenes from the book word for word without ever trying to have its own identity. Plus, the "there's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." was so cringe-worthy it's appalling. Colombus basically forced Kloves to write that.

C

I always hesitate to review kids movies back from when I was a kid.My rating when I first saw it would definitely be a A or even a A+I LOVEDDD the movie...saw it every time I had sleepovers with friends & so on.But now it's a cringe-worthy, lacklustre film that I find hard to appreciate.I would give it a B- now.So:A (me as a kid rating it)B- (me of today rating it)

looking back at these...*sigh*. irresistable charm aside, there really isn't much to like here. banal kiddy stuff. though the first two books were the worst of the series too, so perhaps no surprise.

4/10

While not the first movie it still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I really like the way Columbus uses dutch angeles he fucking rocks it. 

rewatched it today and the visual effects are strangely really really good. Holds up well. 

B (85.5)

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

This movie is right there with GOF & OOTP as my least favorites of the series. Still, I really enjoy it. Saw it recently and I agree that the visual effects still hold up really well. I was surprised how good they still looked. 

I would give it a.......

B-(83)

• Like 1