Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

We're the Millers did good their OW considering their low budget. Should have a nice DOM gain, probably a total of 55-60.

Are u being serious?Millers and Percy will finish way higher than what u have them at. Millers should hit 85 with ease and has a shor at 100. PJ will hit 50-60.

Are u being serious?Millers and Percy will finish way higher than what u have them at. Millers should hit 85 with ease and has a shor at 100. PJ will hit 50-60.

Percy I don't think so. I really don't think PJ will hit 50M. There wasn't that many people that wanted the sequel, and the few that did see it a good amount said it sucked (which isn't a surprise). WOM will be terrible. Millers I'm tossed up on. I did change it because I thought it made 26M, and didn't know it was infact 38M. So, that I changed to around 90M. I think it could reach 100M, but it all depends on how well WOM is.

• Like 1

Waited to long? For me, I don't know why they made one to begin with. It really was a sequel no one wanted. The first one was terrible from what I heard.

Waited to long? For me, I don't know why they made one to begin with. It really was a sequel no one wanted. The first one was terrible from what I heard.

Its no HP K1 friend, but its definitely had potential. Most of my friends and myself liked it. Going to be watching this one closely. Hope Percy makes bucks, I would love to see the other books made into films. My sister said some great stories are left to tell

I do not think it need to be made but since wanted a sequel they should have made it sooner. I am guessing the a target audience  for the films are 7-12 years old? ( I have not read the books, so have no idea what the age group is suppose to be).  The first movie came out 3 and half years ago. People who saw the first one are older and most likely forget about the first one. 

Can't decide if I should be offended by the "subtle" pun in this Deadline specialty box office report or not. But since we live in an overly PC world, I think I will take offence. Also, just referring to Shah Rukh Khan as "Star" instead of "Super Star" is pretty offensive as well.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/specialty-box-office-in-a-world-bows-with-gusto-blue-jasmine-still-golden/

Indian film Chennai Express also curried favor with North American audiences this weekend, rising atop the Specialty box office in an otherwise banal three days for limited release cinematic newcomers. Touted by its U.S. distributor UTV Communications earlier this week as “one of the most anticipated Indian film” in recent memory, the film debuted in what it described as one of the largest rollouts ever in North America for a film hailing from the subcontinent. In 196 theaters, the feature by powerhouse Indian director Rohit Shetty and star Shah Rukh Khan grossed $2.225 million for a $11,352 average.

Posted Image

Edited by grim22

I do not think it need to be made but since wanted a sequel they should have made it sooner. I am guessing the a target audience  for the films are 7-12 years old? ( I have not read the books, so have no idea what the age group is suppose to be).  The first movie came out 3 and half years ago. People who saw the first one are older and most likely forget about the first one. 

That's the age group I'm assuming, from the look of the trailers, it looks like a kids movie.

^^  Correction Elsium cost 115+ add another 80mil or more in advertising. THis one still needs 400-500+M WW to be profitable. I cant see a film so disatisfying garnering lots of repeat business. I predit 250-300M WW(FLOP

Lol, it only needs like 300m WW to start making money, not around 500m.

I don't need think its gonna come anywhere near that though.