Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

So of all the YA novel adaptations after HP and Twilight only THG became a hit? MI is doomed then. Thanks. Aren't you sweet? ^_^

Mortal Instruments right? I'm sorry but who launches a "franchise" starter at the end of summer

Mortal Instruments right? I'm sorry but who launches a "franchise" starter at the end of summer

:lol: IKR? I saw the trailer for it in theater. Looks boring, nothing special, but then I never read the books it's based on, so I guess I'm not the target audience.

But where else could it go? I wouldn't survive the summer, would flop before the summer (like the Beautiful creature did), would get snubbed during the Oscar-baited season and it shouldn't be released after CF because who the hell would want to see this movie after that. :P

But like Sam I'm not the movie's (or the book's) target audience so I have no idea what kind of potential this series has.

:lol: IKR? I saw the trailer for it in theater. Looks boring, nothing special, but then I never read the books it's based on, so I guess I'm not the target audience.

I'm definitely not the target audience I never heard of these books either. Though to be fair I never heard of the Hunger Games either prior to release

District 9 is a modern classic for me. So I am quite disappointed by Elysium. I didn't like it at all.

I feel exactly the same and I'm still really looking forward to his next movie(s).  Writing someone off after 1 movie is retarded like I'm already seeing, lol.  Internet will be internet.

District 9 is a modern classic for me. So I am quite disappointed by Elysium. I didn't like it at all.

I wonder will those still call Blomkamp the next Cameron anymore? I mean, some believed D9 and Elysium was gonna be BlomKamps' Terminator-Aliens double punch.

I'm definitely not the target audience I never heard of these books either. Though to be fair I never heard of the Hunger Games either prior to release

The Hunger Games has one of the most interesting "Hooks" i.e. when you tell people the plot (Kids have to kill each other in a last person standing game) it makes you want to watch the movie just on the novelty of the premise.

The premise of every other YA novel has been "There is a chosen one who will be the last hope in a war between good and evil" which sounds like Harry Potter and makes every YA adaptation look inferior when compared.

At least the Twilight series had a different hook

Posted Image

• Like 5

I wonder will those still call Blomkamp the next Cameron anymore? I mean, some believed D9 and Elysium was gonna be BlomKamps' Terminator-Aliens double punch.

Lol, its amazing how many of your posts have something to do with James Cameron in one way or another.  :sleep: