Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

Lol, it only needs like 300m WW to start making money, not around 500m.

I don't need think its gonna come anywhere near that though.

It cost about 180-200 Mil with advertising Shpongle.. So films need to make  around 2 to 2.5 times their total costs to make profit.]

So it needs 400+M for sure WW.. And man it awful.. People like verbally calling it a POS in my showing.. Looks bad

for this Jodie Foster  and Damon Starrer indeed. And man  this film again to me has no rewatchability in it, such potential wasted.

:(

Edited by Superman001

It cost about 180-200 Mil with advertising Shpongle.. So films need to make  around 2 to 2.5 times their total costs to make profit.]

So it needs 400+M for sure WW.. And man it awful.. People like verbally calling it a POS in my showing.. Looks bad

for this Jodie Foster  and Damon Starrer indeed. And man  this film again to me has no rewatchability in it, such potential wasted.

:(

Where are you getting the 80m number for marketing with this?  That seems absurdly high for this one.

Wow The Croods is still in theaters. So how long will Turbo last in theaters then?

OK for Elysium, was hoping for better (reviews and box office). Bad summer for Sony. GU2 did well but why the heck did that have a budget of $80 million?

Planes is also low but considering the budget and merchandise, it will still do what its intended purpose is - make money. We will get this next week though and the product tie-ins are crazy

We Are The Millers, I guess if this was not released on Wed and just had the usual 3-day weekend, it could have challenged Elysium for #1

Percy, yikes!

I wonder how Kick-Ass 2 will do next week. Is there really a demand for a sequel or just internet hype?

30 Million for a Sci-Fi Political Adult Action Adventure.  I'll take it.  Wow @ "The Millers", J-Anistin is more of a draw on the big screen than people give her credit for.  Sure she sticks in her lane of Comedy's/Romantic-Comedies but that's what works for her.  "Planes" did pretty well, had Pixar Done it I think it could of done about 10-15 Million better.  Percy Jackson sequel will probably make up some of the difference worldwide.  But I think it was an average weekend overall and it's clear Summer is pretty much over guys. 

Wow @ "The Millers", J-Anistin is more of a draw on the big screen than people give her credit for.  Sure she sticks in her lane of Comedy's/Romantic-Comedies but that's what works for her. 

I'm sure the film is a success due to the blockbuster drawing power of Jason Sudeikis and Emma Roberts. ;)

Edited by cochofles

Was walking outta Wizzalll mart and the guy behind me to his wife said "Elysim came out this weekend" (we were passing the redbox machine). She asked him something about it but i didnt hear it. Good or bad, atleast theres some awareness.

Edited by jandrew