DoctorWho

True Detective

Frist two reviews:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/true-detective-season-2-review-hbo-1201515929/
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/true-detective-review-farrell-vaughn-top-new-team-article-1.2254923

Or rather 'shitty texts, which somehow came under a name of review'.
No words about direction, cinematography, music, or even about quality of acting. Just short summarize about who main characters are and how dark their world is. And that the season 2 is good, but worse than season 1. So - I still don't know shit.

Blame has to go to Pizzaman.

Shouldn't have pissed off Fukunaga da gawd.

Was listening to sepinwall/fienberg podcast and apparently there's a scene somewhere in the first 3 episodes with a really unsubtle dig at fukunaga that has a pissy asian director. not sure if the best idea.

Was listening to sepinwall/fienberg podcast and apparently there's a scene somewhere in the first 3 episodes with a really unsubtle dig at fukunaga that has a pissy asian director. not sure if the best idea.

Yeah I heard about that. Seemed super petty.

I'm trying to go in with an open mind, and hoping that the final 5 episodes will put things in focus but it's hard to be optimistic. Seems like Pizzolatto went unchecked to the detriment of the show.

the reviews for this season are weak as fuck. I blame the kitsch of death for this.

Surprised you don't blame all of the leads then (since this season's main cast really does read like a list of people whose careers have collectively fallen on hard times).

I liked it fine. Obviously setting up a more complex plot than the first season's "girl died, now we gotta find who done it" but this isn't as strong as that season's opener, because there's nothing as impressive as mcconuaghey and his dynamic w/ harrelson (thought that was always gonna be hard to top). McAdams I'd say was the mvp. I liked the scene where colin farrell told that kid he was gonna rape his dad with his mom's corpse. that shit was funny in the most dark, fucked-up way. It reminded me of the "this is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!" scene from big lebowski.

Edited by cooliod1
  • Like 1

I liked it fine. Obviously setting up a more complex plot than the first season's "girl died, now we gotta find who done it" but this isn't as strong as that season's opener, because there's nothing as impressive as mcconuaghey and his dynamic w/ harrelson (thought that was always gonna be hard to top). McAdams I'd say was the mvp. I liked the scene where colin farrell told that kid he was gonna rape his dad with his mom's corpse. that shit was funny in the most dark, fucked-up way. It reminded me of the "this is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!" scene from big lebowski.

The whole scene is fucking hilarious, but 1:35 is the best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSvM9lzYV0

• Like 1

It was okay, I guess. I'm glad that the last 10 minutes picked up because the first 50 were badly put together. Hopefully now that we're past the introductions we'll get something closer to the quality of season one in the following episodes.

• Like 1

Definitely going for a more expansive, detailed plot this season around. That plus 4 main characters instead of 2 will make the setup more challenging.

First episode was solid, some pretty good foundation, though the Kitsch stuff kinda just flobbed by.