druv10

Weekend numbers (9/20-9/22/13)

All his performances are serious. Did I miss his comedies?

Well, he did that one time traveling romcom with Meg Ryan a ways back.

Then there was that small comedic part where he has balls hanging from his chin.

He did a Woody Allen movie too, Scoop.

Otherwise yeah, he's pretty serious.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

This makes me wonder why the studios bombarded kids with animation films in summer this year. There are literally no movies for kids in Sep/Oct besides Cloudy 2 this year. As a result, Cloudy 2 is gonna have good legs and make well over 100M domestically. But it seems like only Sony and DW are brave enough to release animation films in Sept/Oct. They obviously dont make as much as summer releases but it's not a total risk. 

Sony:

Hotel Translyvania(Sept.28)- 42/148D/347WW

Cloudy(Sept.18)- 30/124D/243WW

Open Season(Sept 29)- 23/85D/197WW

DreamWorks:

Shark Tale(Oct 1)-47/160D/367WW

Puss in Boots(Oct 28)-34/148D/555WW

Antz(Oct 2)-17/91D/172WW

And also because families can't see that many films at once at the theaters-they tend to wait till dollar or DVD quite a bit also.

Then studios should stop it with the huge amount of children movies over the summer. What are they trying to do? Kill each other?

Shame they won’t.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Cause kids are out of school in the Summer.

Yeah but if you take this year as an example, Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University were mammoth films and totally destroyed Smurfs 2, and Turbo. They should not have released all three of them in July. Too much for families. I will take my cousin to see at most  2 movies yearly but not 3. I dont have that much disposable income and i imagine larger families with 2 or 3 kids feel the same way. 

Edited by babz06

Yeah but if you take this year as an example, Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University were mammoth films and totally destroyed Smurfs 2, and Turbo. They should not have released all three of them in July. Too much for families. 

True-also films in August that are for families tend to not do as well, given the fact school years start earlier and earlier and they don't have time to go to the movies (or money-as I said earlier)