A Marvel Fanboy

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug OS Thread

Help!   Could anyone tell me if the imax version of Smaug is in 2.35:1 or 16:9(full screen) ratio?

It's Scope, 2.39:1(2.35:1 ratio long gone)

There are only 1.89:1(few, some OM) and 2.39:1(most, Hobbit incl.) in Digital "IMAX", same for 15/70mm, except it can be up to 1.43:1(CF), most movies are still in Scope. More than that, there are plenty of digital "IMAX" theaters with 2,39:1 AR screens. 

IMAX today is 99% fake.

• Like 1

Could it be? Could it?

Posted Image

I wish you are right, but I think it is nearly impossible to reach that amount. It needs 140 million. Excepting China and Japan, every market is nearly already done. China could take 80 million, but remember that AUJ did not even reach 20 million in Japan. Let's say it will finish with 965-975. Anyway, never say never ;)

well considering I thought it wont get even to 920  :lol: even 950 will be a great result B)

hmm what about Japan btw guys

Is it possible to outgross AUJ?

the release date ppl said is LOTRish but ugh Frozen opens in March & i see it doing 150 mil (sadly for me :P ) 

hopefully diff demos play a role & DoS can at least gross more than AUJ

well considering I thought it wont get even to 920  :lol: even 950 will be a great result B)

hmm what about Japan btw guys

Is it possible to outgross AUJ?

the release date ppl said is LOTRish but ugh Frozen opens in March & i see it doing 150 mil (sadly for me :P ) 

hopefully diff demos play a role & DoS can at least gross more than AUJ

Frozen 150m?are you crazy?.

Even The Wind Rises "only" grossed 120m...

how is it being promoted in Japan? Are they focusing on the dragon like what it looks like they are doing in China?

Posted Image

They absolutely gave Bilbo a samurai look LOL

EDIT: The Chinese poster is awesomeness, but this one's better than the US posters too.

Edited by a2knet