A Marvel Fanboy

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug OS Thread

AUJ did hit 100Mil US$; it's just that some weeks later the Euro dropped a bit, so now the sum is 97.4mil at BOMojo. So, yes, I suppose DOS will hit it too or get very close, depending on legs of course.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/3044-bo-germany-austria-hobbit2-opening-weekend-estimate-12mil-admissions/?p=653770

Overseas, THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG has a 2-day tally of $24M--and is outpacing AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY by 11%.

I am conscious it is difficult to know, but we should know if it is comparing the same markets? I say it because if I am not wrong DOS is being released in less markets than AUJ OW, so data would be better than it seems.

Still such small numbers for a franchise that used to be huge OS. While AUJ was still rather big in the end, it's surprising how subdued the early rush to see it is...

I take it they mean 11% bigger in the same markets.

Well, it is a Wed+Thu number. Many countries like UK, Germany or Spain have still not contributed.