A Marvel Fanboy

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug OS Thread

Any early presale or hype/tracking news

I have not ever tracked any movie but I have looked at presales in the biggest screen in Spain, sited in Madrid (1,000 seats), which gross about 0.25% of the whole country. This screen has programmed 3 showtimes for Friday 13th (16:15, 19:45 and 23:30). The first one is, right now, about just 10-15% full, but the other two are about 70-75%.

I have read that this screen is some special. It seems there are people who go to that screen, independently of the movie is shown, just because the screen is the best in the country and in order to have a great experience. But after reading it, I have seen there are some showtimes equally full in other screens in the same complex.

here the anticipation is big  thats for sure

seen no presales yet

Our distributor sells some tickets to the premiere on Dec 16 but its only in Moscow

Cosmo posted a while back btw

Full Big Screen for Hobbit from 18 to 25 Dec., tickets are already on sale, min. price is $1,2 if you buy now with discount, imagine how many people are gonna be there, i'm scared))  I will watch in HFR anyway, so it's not that important, since HFR tickets are not available, and i hope won't be for a long time))

Cosmo posted a while back btw

we dont have any discounts obv I suppose the prices will be higher actually esp on NY holidays :(

bad for us good for the film's BO I suppose

+ saw a post from a dude from Kiev & he said that today is the 1st day of presales & half of the showings are half full for the 1st week of release!

It will be HUGE!

well checked their site myself & yeah he's right

http://planeta-kino.com.ua/movies/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug/#week

Edited by Leyla

Nothing sure yet but at least presales are better than last year for opening days. And, like last year, presales for Friday are at least on par with Thursday (which is the first day in full release), so no frontloadedness. Wednesday midnights and 8pm double features are filling up too, the double features doing better than the only-midnights. I guess starting with next year we'll have the Hobbit triple-features along with the LotR-triples, there's a real demand for those marathons.

Having said that, I'm off to my LotR-triple-feature :D  - see you tomorrow!

• Like 5

Nothing sure yet but at least presales are better than last year for opening days. And, like last year, presales for Friday are at least on par with Thursday (which is the first day in full release), so no frontloadedness. Wednesday midnights and 8pm double features are filling up too, the double features doing better than the only-midnights. I guess starting with next year we'll have the Hobbit triple-features along with the LotR-triples, there's a real demand for those marathons.

Having said that, I'm off to my LotR-triple-feature :D  - see you tomorrow!

lucky you!

I havent seen any double features in our city at all  :(