#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

Starting to see sellouts sprinkled around LA.

Culver Stadium 12
7:30p (3D)
9:50p (3D)

Arclight Hollywood
8:45 (2D)

Muvico Thousand Oaks 14
6:00p (3D)
8:30p (3D)

AMC Century City 15
9:30 IMAX

AMC Burbank 15
9:20 IMAX

Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21
7:00p IMAX
9:30p IMAX

iPic Pasadena
9:45p (3D)
10:00p (3D)
11:00p (3D)

I'm more worried that something like "fizzzy fuck," with three Zs no less, is an actual expression people use, because I can't for the life of me figure out what "fizzzy" has to do with anything in the context of that sentence.

You are fucking fizzzy 

• Like 1

So it seems this director is pretty versatile. I don't pay that much attention to directors unless they are prominent (always mentioned in the media). I looked at his IMDB page and was surprised to see that he directed Great Expectations (Paltrow-Hawke) and a Little Princess. Will this be his biggest opening? Never mind. I see he directed an HP movie. :lol:

Edited by ECSTASY

Congrats to those of you who put Gravity in your top 5 OWs

Booooooo!  *cries*

After Children of Men bombed I wasn't sure enough people would support Gravity.It seems audiences have gotten wiser since then.

Pretty different sorts of movies. One's a very bleak dystopian future drama, one's a crowd-pleasing action thriller in space.

• Like 1

Sandra Bullock=BO queen

You know, there is a time when BO doesn't mean Box Office.

Anyway, Bullock opens huge when playing her neurotic/comedic self. Before PROPOSAL, her last $100M grosser is

MISS CONGENIALITY in 2000. That is more than 10 years ago. BLIND SIDE is a fluke and fitted into audience need for

inspirational drama in the Fall. HEAT has McCarthy. The one true one-woman show Bullock blockbuster is THE PROPOSAL.

The low, middling openings of ALL ABOUT STEVE, EXTREMELY LOUD, LAKE HOUSE, PREMONITION, INFAMOUS show she is not a, uhm, BO Queen. 

After Children of Men bombed I wasn't sure enough people would support Gravity.It seems audiences have gotten wiser since then.

Why would there be a correlation? Children of Men is essentially an indie drama (it had action, sure, but it wasn't marketed as "action" or "scifi") with a relatively depressing premise, no movie stars, and obviously no Gravity-esque visual hook.

• Like 1

You know, there is a time when BO doesn't mean Box Office.

Anyway, Bullock opens huge when playing her neurotic/comedic self. Before PROPOSAL, her last $100M grosser is

MISS CONGENIALITY in 2000. That is more than 10 years ago. BLIND SIDE is a fluke and fitted into audience need for

inspirational drama in the Fall. HEAT has McCarthy. The one true one-woman show Bullock blockbuster is THE PROPOSAL.

The low, middling openings of ALL ABOUT STEVE, EXTREMELY LOUD, LAKE HOUSE, PREMONITION, INFAMOUS show she is not a, uhm, BO Queen. 

Relative to most actors, she's a box office queen. There aren't many stars that can claim two huge hits in one year, and if the numbers hold she's now done it twice in the last few years.