babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

1 hour ago, Seth Irskens said:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/cars-3-filmtrailer-4

New trialer has been classified! I guess this means it's on the horizon very soon?

I do not think that's new. Just a shorter cut of the 'extended look' from last month. I expect the next trailer with BATB to be a full one, 2:30.

• Like 1

On January 7, 2017 at 6:56 PM, SteveJaros said:

Well, so what's wrong with that? Disney, like all the other major studios, is a commercial enterprise, it exists to create wealth for its owners.

The Cars franchise has generated an astonishing $10B in merchandise sales. That's more than Harry Potter for crissakes. It's unrealistic to think that Disney won't try to keep that rolling with a new movie, especially when the last one did do $562m in WW box office. 

FWIW, I thought the original Cars was Pixar's first dud. But I found Cars 2 to be surprisingly entertaining. I'll give Cars 3 a chance before I slag it. 

Incorrect. JK Rowling's Wizarding World has generated near 30 billion dollars as a brand. But you know, some people have a vendetta-ized need to act like it's not popular 

1 hour ago, excuseme15 said:

Incorrect. JK Rowling's Wizarding World has generated near 30 billion dollars as a brand. But you know, some people have a vendetta-ized need to act like it's not popular 

I think you're off base on a couple of points here. First, in the post you replied to here I compared Cars to Harry Potter specifically with regard to merchandise sales, and as the link below shows, Cars is ahead of Harry Potter in that domain (see Potter at #4, Cars at #2):

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-movies-that-sold-the-most-merchandise-405780/?singlepage=1

Second, not sure why you'd consider me an HP hater, when it's pretty obvious my comment was complimentary. When discussing Cars's merchandising i said "that's more than Harry Potter for crissakes", which meant i was emphasizing how big Cars is in the merchandising realm by comparing it to something else that also is obviously huge in the merchandising realm. It would be like me saying "Messi is a great soccer player, even better than Cristiano Ronaldo for crissakes". That wouldn't be a shot against CR, it actually acknowledges him as a measuring stick of greatness. Ditto my reference to Potter.

So maybe some HP lovers are so touchy and sensitive that they see imaginary slights in every post? 

Edited by SteveJaros

Kicking off at the DAYTONA 500 with the premiere of a new on-air promo, the NASCAR-Cars 3 collaboration continues throughout the entire race season.
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/817975-cars-3-nascar-cast-announced-plus-new-photos#fSQTymvFFu2vy4SE.99

Looks like a new Trailer/Promo is going to air for Cars 3. I wonder if it's the recently classified 1:21 minute trailer? Though it's just a guess thus far.

• Like 1