babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

On 1‏/1‏/2017 at 3:41 PM, marveldcfox said:

Pixar, the most overrated brand in hollywood.

Walt Disney animation is much better. Their last 2 films are infinitely more entertaining and appealing than most of the stuff Pixar has released in the last 5 years.

Yeah right!!! when the other studios or even WDAS can make a fraction of UP, WALL-E and IO in the future you can call Pixar overrated. They deserved to win best pictures at least for one of these three movies.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2017 at 9:41 AM, marveldcfox said:

Walt Disney animation is much better. Their last 2 films are infinitely more entertaining and appealing than most of the stuff Pixar has released in the last 5 years.

I don't agree. In my opinion I can enjoy the last two Pixar movies I have seen (Finding Dory and Inside Out) no matter what. While the last two Disney Animation movies I have seen (Zootopia and Big Hero 6) felt only OK to me and felt like I would enjoy them better if I was a kid or I had kids and watched the movie with them

• Like 1

On 01/01/2017 at 3:41 PM, marveldcfox said:

Nope, I don't agree with that.

All in all I'm just happy there are more quality animation movies out there.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2016 at 11:19 PM, GiantCALBears said:

Yo @Christmas Baumer, I know you don't like the term CASH GRAB. 

That's EXACTLY what this franchise is at this point. Blah blah kids like it. All about utilizing theme parks and merchandise once again.

Well, so what's wrong with that? Disney, like all the other major studios, is a commercial enterprise, it exists to create wealth for its owners.

The Cars franchise has generated an astonishing $10B in merchandise sales. That's more than Harry Potter for crissakes. It's unrealistic to think that Disney won't try to keep that rolling with a new movie, especially when the last one did do $562m in WW box office. 

FWIW, I thought the original Cars was Pixar's first dud. But I found Cars 2 to be surprisingly entertaining. I'll give Cars 3 a chance before I slag it. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2017 at 10:41 PM, marveldcfox said:

No, that'd be Star Wars and Marvel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Well, so what's wrong with that? Disney, like all the other major studios, is a commercial enterprise, it exists to create wealth for its owners.

The Cars franchise has generated an astonishing $10B in merchandise sales. That's more than Harry Potter for crissakes. It's unrealistic to think that Disney won't try to keep that rolling with a new movie, especially when the last one did do $562m in WW box office. 

FWIW, I thought the original Cars was Pixar's first dud. But I found Cars 2 to be surprisingly entertaining. I'll give Cars 3 a chance before I slag it. 

This. People get so wrapped up in their movies that they forget that, at the end of the day, this is a business. The Cars franchise does huge business for Disney, especially in merchandise. So yeah, BOOM!, you've got another sequel. 

Not to mention that kids, unlike us cynical adults, are probably looking forward to this movie greatly. These movies are mostly about them, remember?

• Like 2

This film is set in Disney's money slot for their Pixar releases: the 3rd weekend in June. It should do pretty well but as we all know this summer is going to be mega crowded so it's only going to have so much room for a nice run. I'm thinking it'll bring in a solid $250M-$275M domestic total and $675M+ worldwide.

That being said, if Pixar has a gem here and it gets great reviews and word of mouth, I could see it doing Inside Out numbers, at least on the domestic side of things. I don't think this franchise is a big moneymaker overseas.

Edited by JB33

30 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Not to mention that kids, unlike us cynical adults, are probably looking forward to this movie greatly. These movies are mostly about them, remember?

Most Pixar fans have heard this rebuttal a billion times and it's just patronizing at this point. We know full well why they make these films, but that doesn't mean we have to like them.

• Like 2

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Most Pixar fans have heard this rebuttal a billion times and it's just patronizing at this point. We know full well why they make these films, but that doesn't mean we have to like them.

I agree. Just to be fair, that's not what I was getting at. I was more stating why it doesn't make a lick of sense for some people to criticize Pixar for making a movie like this. 

I dunno what channel my dad was watching but I saw it air just now and I have to admit....."It's not over until lightning strikes" is a catchy tagline. 

If it gets over 75% on RT / 60 on Metacritic, you might catch me there on a discount day.

• Like 1