Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

1. What's up with Kirk's hair?

2. So the Enterprise presumably gets destroyed in the first half-hour by a horde of giant alien gnats? 

3. We hear Idris Elba's voice...but we don't see him.  ...Or do we?  Please tell me they didn't hire Elba then completely hide him under makeup?!

4. "Sabotage"...yeah, I get the reference...still a bold departure where no Trek marketing has gone before...

5. The uniforms look like Lost in Space re-do's.

6. Too many people wearing red, I can't tell who's going to die and be resurrected five minutes later in this one.

7. Once again, the thing that seems to work best, from the beginning, is Urban as "Bones."

Bonus: Kirk keeps a spare bike on the Enterprise so he can trail around the hallways on Saturdays??

Edited by Macleod

On 12/14/2015, 8:54:47, Macleod said:

1. What's up with Kirk's hair?

2. So the Enterprise presumably gets destroyed in the first half-hour by a horde of giant alien gnats? 

3. We hear Idris Elba's voice...but we don't see him.  ...Or do we?  Please tell me they didn't hire Elba then completely hide him under makeup?!

4. "Sabotage"...yeah, I get the reference...still a bold departure where no Trek marketing has gone before...

5. The uniforms look like Lost in Space re-do's.

6. Too many people wearing red, I can't tell who's going to die and be resurrected five minutes later in this one.

7. Once again, the thing that seems to work best, from the beginning, is Urban as "Bones."

Bonus: Kirk keeps a spare bike on the Enterprise so he can trail around the hallways on Saturdays??

kid [MOD EDIT], film looks good.

Edited by Darth Water Bottle
removed offensive language

57 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I'm no kid, just to clarify.  ;-)

I'd be interested to hear your perspective on how this film looks significantly better than the last two, and why?

No one knows about the movie itself. I remember ages ago when the trailer for Steve Martin's Sargent Bilko really did make it look hilarious, when in fact the actual film was almost a crime against humanity (in defense of my gulibility, I'd like to point out the movie not only starred Martin, but also Dan Aykroyd and Phil Hartman, and was directed Johnathon Lynn who also did My Cousin Vinny. It was at least possible it would be good). So, I'm not exactly disagreeing with you (though I'll admit I did like this trailer), just pointing out that your question will be unanswerable for the next six months.

Edited by Wrath