Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

4 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Ugh.

Chrysler is trying to cover its own ass.

Doesn't this make them look worse? I mean, if this story hadn't gotten out it just would've looked like bad luck, but now if it appears he had a faulty vehicle someone's going to take blame. He may have been a famous actor but he probably still skimmed his inbox like any normal human 

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Doesn't this make them look worse? I mean, if this story hadn't gotten out it just would've looked like bad luck, but now if it appears he had a faulty vehicle someone's going to take blame. He may have been a famous actor but he probably still skimmed his inbox like any normal human 

I saw some comments saying that it was a recall warning, and that no fix for the problem exists yet.

18 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

There might be *some* boost, but suffice it to say, Anton didn't have the kind of time with the character like Paul Walker did with Brian nor does he have that absolute transformative performance in Chekov that Heath Ledger gave for the Joker.

I'm curious as to how they'll proceed forward. Are there other copilots that Kirk/Spock had that can fly with Sulu? Hopefully they don't kill off Chekov via throwaway dialogue in the next one.

Paul Walker wasn't exactly a revered actor, not even that famous outside of the FF series, and there is no way DF7 would have gained the BO it did had it not been for his death, I'm not sure whether that is awful that the studio, even though with somewhat respectful intentions used that as a selling point or touching that so many went to see it because of him for one last film. 

I'm not saying it's going to experience a huge bump, but as morbid as it sounds, I can't see it negatively affecting it BO wise. it will probably give it a boost. maybe even a decent size one. 

11 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Paul Walker wasn't exactly a revered actor, not even that famous outside of the FF series, and there is no way DF7 would have gained the BO it did had it not been for his death, I'm not sure whether that is awful that the studio, even though with somewhat respectful intentions used that as a selling point or touching that so many went to see it because of him for one last film. 

I'm not saying it's going to experience a huge bump, but as morbid as it sounds, I can't see it negatively affecting it BO wise. it will probably give it a boost. maybe even a decent size one. 

I never said Paul Walker was a revered actor. I'm saying that he had time with the character and as a result, we the audience did as well.

• Like 1

On June 19, 2016 at 7:00 PM, junkshop36 said:

It'll be interesting to see what affect, box office wise, this will have on the movie. 

It typically shows an increase.

Were we not all 95% certain that Beyond would likely struggle for $200m? I think $200m+ is now safe, more butts will come out to see his last turn at Chekov if there prior inclination had been to stay home. It's an intangible, see TDK, but it's there. 

• Like 1