CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

South Korea (Saturday)

Admissions: 526,901

total admissions: 1,143,147

Gross: $4.4M

How does that translate compared to both TASM1 and CATWS ?

Is it good, average or very good ?

South Korea (Saturday)

Admissions: 526,901

total admissions: 1,143,147

Gross: $4.4M

So Is that close to TASM1? It needs what? 600,000 or so admissions on Sunday to match the first movie's OW right?

That doesn't seem very high when some are saying TRD4 can do 250-300.  

True but i don't know...it's kinda underwhelming universally.  So i think $80M in China will be in itself a success compared to the 60+M of TASM1.

I just think this movie seems to underperform everywhere and it doesn't  bode well for the domestic release and in a long term point of view, it really doesn't bode well for the next sequel.

It seems that Webb's Spiderman hasn't succeeding in making fans or even reataining fans all over the world, the way raimi did...Spidey is losing its supremacy status and popular spot and it will require a great breakthrough movie to even regain partially his former top status.

• Like 6

That's not my club. But I believe in it.

Whoops, my bad.That being said, it's clear the first movie (while successful) didn't connect with audiences the way Sony intended.So sad. Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 1

So Is that close to TASM1? It needs what? 600,000 or so admissions on Sunday to match the first movie's OW right?

Yes around that. But even then it would be a 5 day OW matching up with TASM's 4 day OW

But Sundays are weaker than saturdays in Korea so it won't happen

• Like 1

$80m in China should not be a problem. Even $100m is possible as some are predicting. But so what ? Even it does $100m from China, that wont save it with huge drops everywhere else.

Back in the days, A Spiderman was the event movie of the summer and the year, literally summer = a new Spider-man movie. Spiderman movie had always been the top dog of the year. But now ? A Spiderman movie is just one of the many second tie-er summer tentpoles.

Remember the old days SM3 broke the all time DOM/OS/WW OW records like a thunder storm ? Now ? It's just barely hanging in the top 10 of the year and light years away from any kind of all time record. It is just like when people think of blockbusters, Spiderman now becomes unrelated. 

It's just pathetic. Spidey's mojo has officially long gone.

• Like 6

Japan saturday estimates

1 - Frozen   adm 280K - 3,8M$ 7W 

2 - Thermae Romae 2 adm 200K - 2,6M$ new

3 - Detective Conan adm 160K - 2,1M$ 2W

4 - Amazing spiderman 2 adm 140K - 1,9M$ new (about -45% TASM1)

Holy hell. Isn't Spidey the biggest superhero in japan? That's quite bad.
  • Like 2

Japan saturday estimates

1 - Frozen   adm 280K - 3,8M$ 7W 

2 - Thermae Romae 2 adm 200K - 2,6M$ new

3 - Detective Conan adm 160K - 2,1M$ 2W

4 - Amazing spiderman 2 adm 140K - 1,9M$ new (about -45% TASM1)

So Spidey's opening weekend is getting beat by Frozen's 5th weekend?   :rofl:

• Like 1

They should continue with Maguire-starred SPIDERMAN 4 instead of breaking the continuity.

A little late for that now, but yeah, that  would've been a better call. Or even a soft reboot, but a full on retelling of the origin was just completely unnecessary.

Heck, maybe even a Venom movie with no Spider-Man whatsoever would've made more sense. Could've given Spidey more time to rest.