grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

I just realised I never made a prediction for this film so don't have much of an opinion on the early numbers. I guess under 80m would be quite mediocre and put paid to any notion of a TA-effect on the domestic front. It's done fine OS though, so what does it matter?

Edited by Hatebox

Compare: YTD (Jan 1–Nov 7)Year-to-Year-YTD through Jan.YTD through Feb.YTD through Mar.YTD through Apr.YTD through MayYTD through Jun.YTD through Jul.YTD through Aug.YTD through Sep.YTD through Oct.YTD through Nov.--WinterSpringSummerFallHolidaySeason-to-Date---Q1 (Jan–Mar)Q2 (Apr–Jun)Q3 (Jul–Sep)Q4 (Oct–Dec)Quarter-to-Date Year Gross* 2013

% change 2012

% change 2011

% change 2010

% change 2009

% change 2008

% change 2013 $8,966.6 - +0.0% +4.5% -0.1% +3.2% +11.0% 2012 $8,963.4 -0.0% - +4.4% -0.1% +3.2% +11.0% 2011 $8,582.8 -4.3% -4.2% - -4.3% -1.2% +6.3% 2010 $8,972.7 +0.1% +0.1% +4.5% - +3.3% +11.1% 2009 $8,686.9 -3.1% -3.1% +1.2% -3.2% - +7.5% 2008 $8,077.7 -9.9% -9.9% -5.9% -10.0% -7.0% -

Don't be concerned by the drop from 2010, it's not an apples-apples comparison (the 7th was a Sunday in 2010, so there's more weekend days).

thanks.

2013 should pass 2012 with CF and Hobbit 2,so it's great news.

Rth posted the friday UK number. It was under a mill i believe.

It's been quite front loaded here in the Uk, by Tuesday, a film called Philomena (Judi Dench) was only 50k behind it despite opening around 4m less at the weekend.Ok start for Thor. Didn't expect a huge uptick, I went to see first in cinemas, didn't mind it but wouldn't go back for sequel. Will see on DVD.
  • Like 3

It's been quite front loaded here in the Uk, by Tuesday, a film called Philomena (Judi Dench) was only 50k behind it despite opening around 4m less at the weekend.Ok start for Thor. Didn't expect a huge uptick, I went to see first in cinemas, didn't mind it but wouldn't go back for sequel. Will see on DVD.

Is Philomena being released in the US? It's very critical of the Catholic Church, but it's quite a crowd-pleaser.

Edited by Hatebox

So wheres the Avengers effect? or is that only relevant for Iron Man?

Fishnets rants about Loki pulling business etc. Seems a fantasy now. 

Anyhow, i really liked the movie so i'm kinda crushed to be honest, Wanted it to do big business. I'm sure it will have good legs though

• Like 1

So wheres the Avengers effect? or is that only relevant for Iron Man?

Fishnets rants about Loki pulling business etc. Seems a fantasy now. 

Anyhow, i really liked the movie so i'm kinda crushed to be honest, Wanted it to do big business. I'm sure it will have good legs though

Avengers effect looks more and more like it only works on the OS audiences.