Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

There's not going to be a preview of SW7 with GOTG

U can't say that for sure..especially if filming begins early next year. They could have enough losse footage to put something together . it would be a genius move on Disneys part anyway

U can't say that for sure..especially if filming begins early next year. They could have enough losse footage to put something together . it would be a genius move on Disneys part anyway

I doubt it. There is no need to release a trailer more than a year in advance. If they do it would likely get released in December. I am guessing they feel no need to overhype SW7 and because JJ Abrams desire to keep thing secret as possible. They will probably release the first trailer in front of Avengers 2

I can't wait for the Avengers grossed only 500 million meltdowns

TA2 will gross about $450M

;)

And it still would make money.

At $500M, it is very profitable.

At $550M, Disney starts giving fat bonuses, even to janitors

At $600M, Disney can buy another company

At $650M, Disney is printing money more than the F3der4l R3s3rv3

At $700M, Disney can buy a Third World country

Edited by zackzack

So, the Aussies don't like their own Chris Hemsworth?

Strange how Aussie is not very supportive of the Hemsworths.

Koreans are different. All it takes is for Lee Byung Hun to appear as supporting villain in RED 2 and it grossed nearly $20M in Korea where the movie failed to impress everywhere else: less than $5M in both UK & Oz.

Edited by zackzack

It feels like the second half of the second season is from different writers and a different animation studio (which is actually true) from the first half it's waaaay better.

OH GOSH, I couldn't stand the animation in the beginning of the season <_<

I did manage to go out to see 12 Years a Slave, and it was pretty good. I'll be disappointed if it wins BP though

How on earth does Ray Subers see Thor finishing with north of 250m? It's obviously not going to keep a similar pace to Skyfall.

He believes in that, he says it in the article :lol: 

John Carter was okay to watch on tv but I wouldn't have spent any money watching it in the theaters.

I feel the same way about it. The film is visually stunning, but that is wasted because the lead has zero charisma and no chemistry with anyone but that dog-creature, the script is lackluster and the whole thing drags interminably. Even though I was a fan of the books as a kid I didn't find the film engaging. Taylor Kitsch is one of the worst leading men of all time, but if the script had bothered to make Carter a more sympathetic character the actor's deficiencies could have been minimized. It's really hard to care about a so-called hero who spends most of the film snarling at everyone else, shirking all responsibility and refusing to act even halfway decent when implored for his help. 

Great holds for a lot of movies. Free Birds has a shot for small profit, I know Frozen is coming but I think it will hang on throughout the holidays and maybe crawl to 60M? Let's see

Loving the holds of Gravity and Captain Phillips! Very happy CP will cross $100m next week! :D 

Bad Grandpa also doing well :)

I was reading the ""Star Derailing Role" trope on TV tropes and it said this

excuse me but how did starring in the TF films hurt LaBeouf's career? Lol. 

• Like 2