Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Picture Bay on the press tour for the eighth of these. What could people possibly ask him about these at that point, what could he possibly say. The kind of misery that you don't often see in harmless fluff interviews

1 hour ago, vc2002 said:

Like Paramount did with Pain&Gain and 13Hours, they will offer Bay a 20m gift for a small-budget movie everytime he comes off a TF movies, so that he'll do a new one.

I'm actually totally okay with that, as I really enjoyed Pain & Gain (definitely Bay returning to his roots) and 13 Hours looks like intense action fun more in line with The Rock.

Lower budget Bay where he has to work with some limitations is great, so if we get one of those for every future Transformers I'm surprisingly okay with that. 

10 hours ago, TrendyWiz7 said:

The films are floundering domestically. Paramount doesn't seem to want to course correct. 

This might be the only problem Paramount will be facing. As much as Bey has his image stamped all over this franchise, we can't deny that if TF5 isn't at least an improvement over 4, then it may even struggle to hit 200M.

Worldwide, though, it will continue to dominate.

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well hate Bay and these movies or not, guess you gotta give him some credit for sticking with his franchise so long. Is there any other director that has done 5? All I can think of is Lucas and Spielberg with 4 for SW and Indy respectively. 

Truth. In an age where a lot of directors don't even want to finish out a trilogy (Whedon, Abrams, etc), Bay is still going at it with TF.

Although I wonder if the reason for still doing these lies in the fact that Bay doesn't have anything outside of TF that can even make a fraction of it's money. His highest grossing non-TF movie is Armageddon, which barely cracked 200M eighteen years ago. Impressive, but nowhere near the kind of paycheck that Optimus Prime can give him.

• Like 1