Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Most of you are hypocrites. I mean MB posts a title video and you start discussing it..that too 5 pages of discussion on just the title...shows that most just pretend to hate this franchise, but deep down love them for the explosions and spectacle..that's why there is A LOT of interest everytime for a new movie.

18 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Watch this miss $1B worldwide. No amount of China growth can make up for the fact that the rest of the world has grown SICK of these films (and their director, of course).

Most of the world like Michael bay films, hence he's so successful 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trancedanne said:

I saw the old Transformers hero Shia a few days ago smoking and chilling.

Not looking forward to this at all, i like Bay but his TF movies are just to stupid. It took the military guys 3 fucking movies to realize that by shooting the robots in the eyes they will get hurt. Come on..

Well the US military aren't the smartest bunch so I'd call that realism

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrqe93 said:

Bay movies have always been my guilty pleasure. I actually think The Rock, Bad Boys 1 and Armageddon are masterpieces. lol. I enjoyed all Transformers movies and The Island as well. 

The Island is his best movie, IMO. Very underrated.

It'll be very interesting to see if The Last Knight can hit a billion. If it drops domestically like AOE, it won't reach $200m. With big drops in other developed countries, even China won't be enough to make up the difference WW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

Most of the world like Michael bay films, hence he's so successful 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a look at this table:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Director&id=michaelbay.htm

Apart from 3 films in the late '90s and early '00s (a distant memory for most of us), the only commercially successful films he's made are the Transformers franchise. Please use evidence when you use such strong words as "successful director". He's no better than the average layperson at directing. And his track record suggests that. He's had zero hits in the past 15 years outside the Transformers franchise and, to be honest, the Transformers franchise would have been a hit anyway (with or wihtout him).

Edited by Quigley

4 hours ago, Quigley said:

Watch this miss $1B worldwide. No amount of China growth can make up for the fact that the rest of the world has grown SICK of these films (and their director, of course).

The numbers say otherwise.  I personally think he's one of the top three directors working today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a look at this table:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Director&id=michaelbay.htm

Apart from 3 films in the late '90s and early '00s (a distant memory for most of us), the only commercially successful films he's made are the Transformers franchise. Please use evidence when you use such strong words as "successful director". He's no better than the average layperson at directing. And his track record suggests that. He's had zero hits in the past 15 years outside the Transformers franchise and, to be honest, the Transformers franchise would have been a hit anyway (with or wihtout him).

Did you forget to take your meds this morning?  Bay is doing smaller scale films now, because he chooses to.  Christopher Nolan could have directed Pain and Gain and it would have done exactly what it did with Bay behind the camera.  Bay is one of the most successful directors of the last 20 years.  And that is a fact.  You can hate him his work, but to blatantly lie about his success is where I draw the line.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sdeezy said:

Are u talking in terms of boxoffice reliability or quality filmaking here?

Quality film making and his command of a scene and the fact that what he can do is rare and most directors cannot do what he does.  He tells a story with his camera better than just about anyone.  IMO

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Quality film making and his command of a scene and the fact that what he can do is rare and most directors cannot do what he does.  He tells a story with his camera better than just about anyone.  IMO

I maintain that no one can craft a large scale action scene quite like Bay. That i'll give him, but man his storytelling flaws are too large to ignore and seeing as storytelling is a core foundation of filmaking i can't possibly put him in the upper echeleon of working directors. 

3 minutes ago, sdeezy said:

I maintain that no one can craft a large scale action scene quite like Bay. That i'll give him, but man his storytelling flaws are too large to ignore and seeing as storytelling is a core foundation of filmaking i can't possibly put him in the upper echeleon of working directors. 

And you are entitled to your opinion.  I disagree with that but cest la vie.

Just now, Baumer said:

And you are entitled to your opinion.  I disagree with that but cest la vie.

True. The Rock is in my top 5 action films ever though. And i strongly believe that Pain and Gain and 13 hrs should have received much better critical reception than they did. 

• Like 2

IMO, Bay does things, small things, that make him better than most.  For example...one small example was his slow motion chase scene in Bad Boys.  It ends with the 360 of the camera around Smith and Lawrence.  That made me feel the gravitas of the situation and how the two of were feeling at that very moment.  He does that a lot.  This is just one example.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Bay is a flop outside of the Transformers movies, and he knows it. 

20 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Yup pretty much. 

Wrong.  100% wrong.

• Like 2