Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

"Critics were born with a birth defect, they re missing the fun gene."

Michael FUCKING Bay

Bay is missing the logic gene. It's been replaced by the explosion gene.

• Like 2

Futurist is definitely one of those "Oh, meee? I don't care about the fucking critics man" *goes on to write numerous insecure posts trashing critics because of the inevitability of them not digging the new Michael Bae project* kinda people.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

How could mentally healthy person expect good reviews for another Transformers? They are all rotten, besides the first one, how could anybody expect this one will be different?! This franchise is critic-proof.

All of Transformers movies are rotten.

3 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about the BUMBLEBEE spinoff, especially with Travis Knight directing. Come to think of it, LAIKA doing a sci-fi movie would be absolutely amazing.

Bumblebee feels like TK reluctantly taking a blockbuster job to keep Laika's lights on

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

A Neill Blomkamp TRANSFORMERS would make me interested in the franchise again. He's way more interesting than a lot of people give him credit for (most seem to love D9 and dislike CHAPPIE and ELYSIUM, but there's worthy things in all three movies).

This, this and this. Yes, please.

• Like 2

People have to remember that critics these days are looking for clicks and there's a lot of group think out there. It's been this way for a while. You have to dig for fair and unbiased reviews and sift through all the "worst movie I've ever seen" stuff.  

Could it really be the worst they've ever seen? Maybe but unlikely. 

I always find it hilarious when studios blame their failures on critics because you know if the movie got positive reviews the marketing department would've been all over that shit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

ThIs Is PaRaMoUnT's OnLy BiG fRaNcHiSe!

Are we writing off Tom Cruise already, even from the Mission Impossible franchise ? It is quite big. Terminator is a bit of an interrogation point, but it could bounce back.

I wonder how much they share revenue with Hasbro and other partners thought for Transformer (is it really that big versus say the Daddy Home franchise):

That starting to be quite a lot of people involved:

Production Companies

Plus I imagine investor with a production type of credit involved, it is far from a almost all the profit goes to Paramount type of scenario, in a way it is nice they will loose nothing the day a transformer flop and don't need to search for money to make them, it make the adventure extremely safe, but they are not making necessarily as much as we think from them, specially after Bay, Spielberg and others make first dollar gross points and Walbergh bonus start after just 200m at the box office.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

People have to remember that critics these days are looking for clicks and there's a lot of group think out there. It's been this way for a while. You have to dig for fair and unbiased reviews and sift through all the "worst movie I've ever seen" stuff.  

Could it really be the worst they've ever seen? Maybe but unlikely. 

Every critic -- every viewer -- is biased. That's kind of the whole point. The question is whether their biases align with yours or not. :) 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Transformers franchise is a tool for critics to personally attack Michael and everything he stands for.

It s petty bullying, nothing more, nothing less.

Really? Oh, poor Michael Bay, he's so despised by the critics and audiences and everyone..... SOOOOO hated, that the last I checked, the general consensus on 13 Hours and Pain & Gain, the last two non-Transformers films that he's directed, is that even though they have their faults, they're both well made movies for what they are. And last I checked, that 1st Transformers movie that he directed didn't have it anywhere near as bad as all the subsequent sequels. Because, guess what, he actually fucking tried in those films.

It comes down to this: if the Transformers franchise is an attack on everything Michael Bay stands for, than Bay's representative work is done by clocking in childish humor - you know, the type of humor that you attack Deadpool 24/7 for having; boring/annoying human characters who are the total focus of the film over the Goddamn Transformers who also usually get shat on by the supremely convoluted "scripts" (part of the reason why TF1 is the only truly decent movie of the franchise, it's because it actually gave the TF something to do beyond blurry action scenes and stereotypical/childish jokes that feel completely out of place); movies that are much, muuuuuuuuuuuch longer in runtime than they have any right to be... the last one was like 2:40hrs, but it felt like 2:40 years; the same stupid sunset shots w/the American flag and soldier and governmental subplots that think are so much important than they are; and action that sometimes is reeeeeally good, some other times it's nothing more than explosion and shaky cam nonsense. THAT - not The Rock, not Bad Boys, not 13 Hours, hell not even Armageddon if you like that movie (I don't, but you might)... I'll even take the 1st Transformers on its own, which was a liked movie by a lot if not most people, and completing ignoring the franchise as a whole - is what Bay stands for?

Then, in my humble opinion, he stands for shitty and lazy filmmaking. I don't blame him as he's the one cashing giant checks over films where he doesn't even try, I'm just a loser complaining on the internet... but watching those "films" where he doesn't try just totally fails to make for a good experience for me personally whatsoever. I don't even get laughs out of Transformers hilariawfulness because there isn't any - it's just cringeworthy when it tries to go that direction.

Plus, he clearly doesn't give a shit about people criticizing these films. If he did, he would actually do something to change them. But he's the one getting hundreds of millions of dollars per piece, cause every single time, people rush to see these things to the point where it makes close to if not a billion WW. Complain, complain, complain, yet you're there on OW to see it, he says... and he's got a fucking point. So please, just don't, mate.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hmmm...I can think of about 25 billion other ways to keep the lights on.

I suspect something has happened inside that has made Nike money not such a sustainable funding stream anymore.

Just hard to imagine Knight doing a Transformers movie purely because he loves the idea when he went on and on about art for art's sake promoting Kubo

Edited by tribefan695