Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Not all crappy movies are created equal.

That makes sense, but it's still strange regardless.

Would you trust a critic that hated Transformers, but loved Ice Age 5 or Assassins Creed?  Sure, that depends if you actually liked these movies. I don't know. I think it's a matter of perspective.

For example, I love Transformers movies and I'm well aware of how crappy they are. I think they really know what they are, and don't try to be anything else. I think critics are missing the point of these movies.

Hell, I think movies like Transformers shouldn't even get reviews on RT. I know, I know. It's quite controversial and so on, but I think we'll never see a well reviewed Transformers movie. 

37 minutes ago, John Marston said:

now who should take over after Bay?

Thinking Shawn Levy who made Night at the Museum and Real Steel might not be a bad choice but he will be working on Uncharted

maybe Neill Blomkamp since he isn't busy now

If anyone asks....my money is on J.J Abrams to do it.

He could make the quality go up with the series and give us more relatable human characters, and give more screentime to the Autobots.

Human characters that are friendly, caring, smart & well-written, instead of those that are either annoying to some people or depicted as sex-objects to either gender.

We want human characters that we can root for and relate to....instead of those that are just there to be underdeveloped.

The Transformers franchise is a tool for critics to personally attack Michael and everything he stands for.

It s petty bullying, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Would you trust a critic that hated Transformers, but loved Ice Age 5 or Assassins Creed?

Just speaking in general about any critic: I read what they have to say (over time, for a great many movies). Either their tastes align with mine to the point where I can reasonably assume there's significant cross-over, or they don't (to the point where I can assume just the opposite). Just in terms of approach, there's a lot of differences between ICE AGE and AC and a Transformers movie. They might all suck. Or might not. But the degrees to which they suck will be difference, and so will their types of suckage. And if some types of suckage bother you more than others, then you'll dislike some more than others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

He could make the quality go up with the series and give us more relatable human characters, and give more screentime to the Autobots.

Human characters that are friendly, caring, smart & well-written, instead of those that are either annoying to some people or depicted as sex-objects to either gender.

We want human characters that we can root for and relate to....instead of those that are just there to be underdeveloped.

I agree with you, somehow...However, do people watch Transformers for human characters or robots?

You don't go to watch these movies for character development, You go for the action, explosions and destruction. We don't want Humanformers, we want Transformers and destruction.

Public is hard to predict, sometimes. 

I'm sure it will just be more of the same. 

I don't see why anybody thought this one would be any different? Audiences have lapped the last two movies up to the tune of over a billion each. Is it any surprise Bay and Paramount opted for more of what the audience is telling them to make? 

The last movie especially was not a significant downturn in box office from the third one, when considering the acting stars from the trilogy had all left. 

Paramount will only change their approach once they see the movies starting to really underperform with their expectations. 

Right now....they want full ludicrous Bayhem. 

If this does $800 million WW they'll be more than pleased. Especially considering what's a definite apathy to franchises in general from audiences at the moment. It's definitely not specific to Transformers. 

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The Transformers franchise is a tool for critics to personally attack Michael and everything he stands for.

It s petty bullying, nothing more.

This post is such a big strawman they're about to sacrifice Edward Woodward to it.

• Like 2

mother! will save Paramount's year ?

yay ?

nay ?

i expect it to do good, but it  is so low budget i doubt it will matter. they need the big franchises

Edited by Alli

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Actually I could do without the human characters and would be very happy if they just made a solid adaptation of the cartoon. Would need someone other than Bay of course.

• Like 1

The hatred liberal and eductaed people have for Michael Bay and the Transfomers franchise is vile, pathetic and childish.

That could a bit of a stereotype, would not surprise me if a lot of that franchise fanbase is educated:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/enjoyment-of-trash-films-linked-to-high-intelligence-study-finds-a7171436.html

Ironic viewing is obviously what is at play here, and the researchers found it is mostly film buffs who watch trash films, 

Lot of people that are in movies so much to the point to participate in message board about movies seem to watch them (thus in a trivial way you can assume they like them, not hate them).

How could mentally healthy person expect good reviews for another Transformers? They are all rotten, besides the first one, how could anybody expect this one will be different?! This franchise is critic-proof.

Edited by Firepower

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Just speaking in general about any critic: I read what they have to say (over time, for a great many movies). Either their tastes align with mine to the point where I can reasonably assume there's significant cross-over, or they don't (to the point where I can assume just the opposite). Just in terms of approach, there's a lot of differences between ICE AGE and AC and a Transformers movie. They might all suck. Or might not. But the degrees to which they suck will be difference, and so will their types of suckage. And if some types of suckage bother you more than others, then you'll dislike some more than others.

I think your point makes sense. It's really all about perspective.

I think AC is horrible and boring. I didn't care enough to watch ice Age 5. I liked The Mummy. So yeah, I think I get what you're saying. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Actually I could do without the human characters and would be very happy if they just made a solid adaptation of the cartoon. Would need someone other than Bay of course.

all the spoilers show that this movie takes the most from the cartoons