Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

I was looking at Bay's filmography and I actually do like quite a bit that he's done.   Pearl Harbor, ROTF and AOE are the three I'd say no to.   The Island is okay as a cable movie.   But the rest I have no issue watching.

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Didn't Liesbman direct Wrath of the titans? Gawd-awful movie. Yuck. Don't like him at all.

I thought Clash of the Titans was pretty bad I didn't even bother with Wrath

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Liebsman is an elite member of the White Male Directors for Hire club, with the ranks of such auteurs as Louis Leterrier and newest inductee Alex Kurtzmann.

Leterrier isn't bad. He's done some fun stuff

• Like 1

I think Justin Lin would probably be a good pick.

44 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Jonathon Liebsman would be a good director also for a sequel. 

The guy who did TMNT '14 and the Clash Of The Titans sequel? No, he would not be. Going by his filmography, he's actually worse (maybe much worse) than Michael Bay.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, DAR said:

I've mentioned before, but I would watch something by Bay or Zack Snyder before I watched anything by Liebsmann or especially Roland Emmerich.

Emmerich was an auteur.  Fantastic director.

Then he made Independence Day 2 and I hate him more than anyone else on the planet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Emmerich was an auteur.  Fantastic director.

Then he made Independence Day 2 and I hate him more than anyone else on the planet.

I was about to say that not a single "fantastic director" in the world would ever direct a Godzilla '98, but then I remembered that the Spiel man was behind Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. Oof.

Still, when Independence Day (the original) is your best movie.... ehh.

• Like 1

Oh I've hated Roland Emmerich since he directed that unfathomably bad Godzilla movie in 1998. Independence Day is entertaining but I never thought it was a good movie even as a 12 year old in 1996.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I was about to say that not a single "fantastic director" in the world would ever direct a Godzilla '98, but then I remembered that the Spiel man was behind Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. Oof.

Still, when Independence Day (the original) is your best movie.... ehh.

KotCS is actually good.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

*blinks*

hyperbole, but I fucking loved his films.  He knew what was exciting to watch and manipulated that so well and so skillfully.  It says a lot when my least favorite film from him was Day After Tomorrow, which I still really fucking enjoyed (I have not seen 10,000 BC or his Godzilla to this day)

All of that died with Independence Day 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

No it's not. It's not even close to good. Attack Of The Clones might actually be better. At least it has lightsabers and Yoda (which are cooler than Indiana Jones ever was).

Shia is the definition of cool